- Permanent role
- Applications close: Monday 8 November, 2021 at 5.00pm
This is an outstanding opportunity to hold a significant leadership position within the Senior Leadership Team working closely with the Principal to continue to shape the unique culture that is Wenona.
Wenona School is an independent, day and boarding school for girls, located in North Sydney, with an enviable reputation for innovation, a global perspective and commitment to service to others. Wenona girls graduate as Renaissance women; creative, resilient, articulate, well-educated, filled with a sense of optimism and a capacity for adventure.
We are seeking an experienced and passionate educator who has a strong affinity with young people enjoying their enthusiasm, idealism, and optimism, and able to walk alongside families and young women as they navigate the final years of secondary school. While having a deep understanding of the demands of the NSW Higher School Certificate, the Head of Senior College will provide students with opportunities that enhance and complement the formal curriculum. The Head of Senior College will work closely with both the academic and wellbeing staff to ensure all students are known and supported.
Reporting to the Principal, the Head of Senior College is part of the Senior Leadership Team working to create an environment in the Senior College that honours the K to 12 experience. The Head of Senior College will develop student wellbeing initiatives that connect all students and prepare them for life beyond school. They will contribute to the broader Senior Leadership Team to work together to deliver a world class education for the students.
With a negotiated start date in 2022, the successful candidate will demonstrate:
- Strong operational understanding that informs the management of the school
- A consultative leadership style and experience in leading teams that responds within a K to 12 context
- The ability to foster an academic peer culture that sets appropriate high standards while ensuring relevant opportunities and support for each student are in place
- Leadership presence and an understanding of the key role it plays in setting tone and culture.
- The ability to develop and lead a sub-school culture that is forward planning and able to execute initiatives in a timely and efficient manner
- Refined interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to communicate with diverse audiences
- Experience in teaching Stage 6 and a track record of excellent results
- Excellent communications skills with an ability to engage and communicate with all stakeholders
- Ability to work sensitively in a timely and nuanced manner with parents in understanding their needs
- To see yourself as part of the team enhancing the work of the others to meet the needs of students
- Ability to engage with research and develop programs to move from theory to practice
- A positive attitude and a sense of humour
Wenona School is a child safe environment. Our School actively promotes the safety and wellbeing of all students, and all School staff are committed to protecting students from abuse or harm, in accordance with their legal and ethical obligations including child safe standards. Wenona’s Code of Conduct is available on our website. https://www.wenona.nsw.edu.au/
Wenona School has engaged Hutton Consulting Australia to assist with the search and selection process for this position. For a confidential discussion, enquiries regarding the application process and requests for the full position description, please contact the lead consultant Jann Robinson on 0437 774 734 or email email@example.com, alternatively you may contact Fiona Hutton on firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close Monday 8th November 2021, 5:00pm