- Permanent role
- Applications close: Monday 1st August, 5:00pm, 2022
Trinity Anglican School (TAS) seeks an innovative, holistic and motivated educator to lead the Secondary School.
Trinity Anglican School is an Anglican School that caters for students in Kindergarten to Year 12. Located on 2 campuses in the tropical North Queensland city of Cairns, TAS has been a highly regarded pillar of education in the region since it opened its doors 40 years ago. Featuring a state-of-the-art STEM building, and the first Olympic-sized swimming pool in Cairns, TAS strives to inspire young men and women to be the best they can be, with a focus on Christian values, educational excellence, and contribution to the local and global community.
TAS Secondary School offers outstanding education for students from Year 7 to Year 12. It aims to foster curious minds, nurture potential, and create exceptional young men and women through its culture of learning to equip students with the skills, knowledge, friendships, and independence that will follow them through life. Throughout their six-year journey in Secondary School, students will experience study and leadership opportunities that will help them learn, grow, and develop strength of character and ultimately be guided and supported to reach the graduate pathway of their choice.
The Head of Secondary School will provide leadership, encouragement, and pastoral care to staff, students and families and is a key figure in planning and implementing programs to maintain and develop a positive culture within the Secondary School. The Head of Secondary School is expected to embody and promote the TAS Core Values (perseverance, integrity, compassion, and curiosity), and support the school community in the continued promotion of the philosophy of the school.
Reporting to the Principal, the Head of Secondary School will have responsibility for both strategic and operational aspects of the Secondary School and be pivotal for ensuring that staff and student engagement flourishes at the School.
The successful candidate will hold appropriate post graduate qualifications and leadership experience at a similar level. They will be an initiator of projects, able to inspire and motivate change in staff, and recognise and amplify the strengths and talents of others.
Specifically, they will:
- Provide executive leadership of innovative pastoral programs and pathways for the Secondary School in line with the strategic plan
- Grow and develop the pastoral care program in the Secondary School in conjunction with the Pastoral Leaders (Heads of House, Chaplain, and Counsellor)
- Collaborate with the Senior Leadership Team on whole school pastoral programs and initiatives
- Plan and develop a collaborative, positive and professional culture across the school
- Lead and collaborate with pastoral staff to ensure a provision of strong and effective programs (pastoral, co-curricular and wellbeing)
- Work collaboratively with the TAS community – both internally and externally
- Lead and develop the professional learning program for teaching staff
- Oversee Secondary School events
- Oversee high standards for staff and student expectations
- Have an understanding and respect of the Anglican faith and values
The Trinity Anglican School has engaged Hutton Consulting Australia to assist with the search and selection process for this position. For a confidential discussion regarding the application process and to obtain the candidate information pack and associated documents, please contact Fiona Hutton email@example.com or Darren Roylett firstname.lastname@example.org or 0488001064.
Please ONLY APPLY directly to Hutton Consulting Australia. Only suitably qualified applicants will be contacted.
Applications close Monday 1st August at 5.00pm