- Permanent role
- Applications close: Wednesday 12 August, 2020 at 5.00pm.
CREST Education invites applications from experienced leaders with a commitment to Christian education and an inspiring vision for the future.
Established in 1981, CREST Education Ltd is a thriving multi-faceted educational precinct. CREST is located on 138 acres in one of Melbourne’s fastest growing urban corridors, the City of Casey. CREST Education comprises two independent, co-educational Colleges on a growing campus of 1800 students, an Equestrian Centre and an Environmental Reserve at Clyde North. Hillcrest Christian College operates from Early Learning to VCE levels. Rivercrest Christian College, which opened in 2014, has Early Learning to Year 7 students, expanding one year level each year. Rivercrest is an authorised International Baccalaureate PYP World School and a MYP Candidate School. The staff at Hillcrest and Rivercrest Christian Colleges, actively contribute to the Christian ethos which underpins the holistic care and development provided to each student.
The Secondary School of Hillcrest Christian College covers the formative and future-focused years of learning incorporating the Junior Secondary years of 7 to 9 and the Senior Secondary years of 10 to 12.
Commencing in Term 1, 2021, the Head of Secondary will be an adaptive leader who demonstrates a a range of leadership approaches and management skills, a deep interest in and understanding of student learning development, and an ability to work with a wide range of professional staff in ensuring that all students receive the very best of care and learning experiences.
The Head of Secondary is a vital member of the College Leadership Team that serves and represents the varied interests of the whole College. Reporting to the Executive Principal and/or Head of College, the successful candidate will have a deep faith in God and a commitment to seeing every student and staff member flourish in their care.
The successful candidate will:
- authentically lead, promote and demonstrate the principles and values of a Christian Education in line with the College’s mission
- manage change successfully and lead a strong, contemporary and challenging curriculum, that supports and enables the best learning outcomes for all students
- lead the implementation of student wellbeing policies and age appropriate programs
- collaborate in the development of suitable professional learning programs for staff, including review and appraisal mechanisms
- develop essential networks outside the College and build collaborative networks inside the College
- ensure that all day-to-day operations of the Secondary School are managed effectively and efficiently bringing confidence to all involved.
- enjoy leading highly effective teams
- demonstrate excellent communication skills in a range of formal and informal settings.
CREST Education is a child safe employer and is committed to the welfare of children and their protection. All potential employees and volunteers will be required to comply with the College’s Code of Conduct and Child Safe Policy.
CREST Education has engaged Hutton Consulting Australia to assist with the search and selection process for this position. All candidates will require an application pack from us. DO NOT APPLY DIRECTLY ON-LINE. For a confidential discussion regarding the application process and to obtain further details please contact the lead consultant Fiona Hutton on 0499 000 973 or email@example.com, or Amanda Samson at firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close Wednesday, 12 August, 2020, 5.00pm.