- Permanent role
- Applications close: Wednesday 3 February 2021 at 5:00pm.
The McDonald College (NSW), a leading independent school, is seeking a future focused, relational Head of Science.
Established in 1984, The McDonald College is situated in the inner west suburb of Strathfield, catering for students from Kinder to Year 12 with the intention that all students have the opportunity to discover and develop their talents within a supportive school environment. The vitality, diversity and creativity offered through our educational programmes help foster true Australian and world citizens. The McDonald College embraces creative expression in a non-judgemental and inclusive environment. The College proudly embraces the following core values: Humility, Honour, Passion, Commitment, Appreciation, recognising that students who have been nourished through creative experiences are better able to build their confidence and self-esteem.
There is no other school in Australia like The McDonald College. Our students love coming to school as they study their academic curriculum integrated with excellence in performing arts. Our unique timetable together with the motivation provided by studying dance, ballet, acting, music or musical theatre every day stimulates our students to achieve in all areas of their life. Maxine Kohler (Principal)
The Senior School is specifically geared towards helping students prepare for their futures beyond the Higher School Certificate. The McDonald College provides students with a welcoming environment where learning and performing are encouraged and expected. This is accomplished through an immersive approach of professional pursuits and academic education. The legacy of student success and achievements of the College graduates stand as a testament to this approach.
The McDonald College was founded on a belief of performance distinction, whether this is in academia, the arts or elite sport. All staff members of the College share and support this belief. An opportunity exists for a qualified, enthusiastic and experienced Head of Science to lead our Science Department. Commencing in 2021, the Head of Science will be an innovative leader who demonstrates a range of leadership approaches and management skills, a deep interest in and understanding of student learning development, and an ability to work with a wide range of professional staff in ensuring that all students receive the very best of care and learning experiences.
The Head of Science, leads, develops and promotes the academic Science program and maintains the development of authentic learning experiences. Where the potential exists, cross-curricula teaching teams are developed to reflect and reinforce the STEM interconnectivity in our world.
Teaching HSC Biology and/or Chemistry, the successful candidate is a NESA registered teacher with demonstrated leadership who will:
- Lead the development of innovative teaching and learning with their comprehensive pedagogical knowledge applied to NESA curriculum and reporting requirements.
- Demonstrate excellence in current and emerging educational developments in Science incorporating technology to enhance engagement in the learning environment.
- Maintain the development of authentic learning experiences that enrich the learning of science and develop cross-curricula teaching teams where potential exists
- Foster a collaborative and positive organisational culture that supports staff suggestions and improvements.co-ordinate a range of events and external partnerships to support and promote Science within and beyond the school
- Motivate and inspire the team of teachers and the Laboratory Technician who contribute to a rich and diverse curriculum within their faculty
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills in a range of formal and informal settings.
The McDonald College is a child safe employer and is committed to the welfare of children and their protection. All potential employees and volunteers will be required to comply with the College’s Code of Conduct and Child Safe Policy.
The McDonald College has engaged Hutton Consulting Australia to assist with the search and selection process for this position. All candidates will require a position description from us.
DO NOT APPLY DIRECTLY ON-LINE.
For a confidential discussion regarding the application process and to obtain further details please contact the lead consultant Amanda Samson on 0433 356 911 or via email email@example.com
Applications close on Wednesday 3 February 2021 at 5:00pm