Trinity Christian School is an independent, co‑educational Preschool to Year 12 school located in the Tuggeranong Valley in Canberra.
For over 40 years, Trinity Christian School has been equipping students to live meaningful lives beyond school by providing them with a Christ‑centred education in a learning community of love, nurture and service. The School includes an Early Learning Centre (3 and 4 year-old preschool), Junior School (Kindergarten – Year 5), Middle School (Years 6 – 8) and Senior School (Years 9 – 12)
In light of significant growth and an increasingly operationally complex environment, a new leadership structure has been introduced to support the daily operational needs of the School. This new structure includes a Head of School (6-12).
The Head of School (6-12) has responsibility for the strategic and day to day leadership of the Middle School and Senior Schools within a Biblical framework. All day-to-day operations and administration of the Middle School and Senior Schools come under this role.
The Head of School (6 – 12) is a full-time Position of Responsibility and has a 0.25FTE teaching load.
The School invites applications from experienced leaders with a commitment to Christian education and an inspiring vision for schools of the future. The school seeks an outstanding leader who demonstrates courage, an ethical disposition and an appreciation of the Schools’ Christian ethos and values. The successful candidate will be a motivated, relational, and dynamic leader with a commitment to honouring the strong heritage of the School, but ready to guide and lead the school into the next phase of its future.
Commencing in Term One, 2024, or by negotiation, the appointees will:
- demonstrate personal acceptance of the Lordship of Christ and regular attendance at a Christian church
- promote excellence in Christian education
- ensure that a sound knowledge of emerging trends in educational theory, learning theory, curriculum design, learning technology, assessment, academic care and methodologies underpins all aspects of the Middle School and Senior School.
- exhibit highly developed interpersonal and communication skills and a willingness to relate with compassion, humility, grace, strength and integrity to students, families and staff, and
- Promote and lead the implementation of key learning and teaching and student wellbeing strategic objectives with all Middle School and Senior School staff, ensuring that there is understanding, engagement and participation at all staff levels.
- have a track record of a research-informed progressive vision of learning and teaching and the capacity to lead innovations that shape a Christian learning community of excellence
A full list of the selection criteria for this position is provided in the Candidate Information Pack.
Trinity Christian School has zero tolerance for child abuse and is committed to providing a child safe environment where children and young people are safe and feel safe, as outlined in the School’s Child Protection Policy.
Hutton Consulting Australia is partnering with Trinity Christian School in the search and selection process for this position. For a confidential discussion regarding the application process and to obtain the Candidate Information Pack please contact the lead consultant Jann Robinson via email email@example.com or Tracey Hickey firstname.lastname@example.org or the office on 0431 707 129
Please APPLY DIRECTLY to Hutton Consulting Australia. Only suitably qualified applicants will be contacted.
Applications should be emailed to email@example.com by Monday 17th July 2023 at 5.00pm