- Permanent role
- Applications close: Monday4th October, 2021 at 5:00pm.
Outstanding opportunity to lead a dynamic, vibrant and well established Performing Arts program at Beaconhills College, Victoria.
From its humble beginnings in 1982, Beaconhills College has grown and flourished into a leading school in holistic education, with campuses in Pakenham and Berwick; part of the rapidly growing South Eastern region of Melbourne. The Performing Arts faculty at Beaconhills College has always provided a strong link with the community, and for 3000 students, it offers the opportunity to become involved in music, drama and dance across all year levels in an independent, co-educational environment.
Beginning in January 2022, the Head of Performing Arts is a senior role collaborating with the cross campus Head of faculty counterpart, and reporting to the Head of Teaching and Learning.
The key purpose of this role is to provide strong and consistent leadership to the Performing Arts Faculty, and to align resources with an agreed strategic direction that achieves world class outcomes for the students at Beaconhills. The school community enjoys an enviable reputation built on outstanding musical, dramatic and dance performance standards, classroom programs and a variety of ensembles. The successful candidate will be able to support the key operational and strategic planning required to ensure that the Faculty continues to develop leading curriculum initiatives, and role-models an environment where teachers can reflect and develop excellence in their teaching pedagogy and practice. The Head of Performing Arts will be able to actively increase student participation and enjoyment, in an inclusive learning environment that caters for a wide range of skill levels, from beginner to advanced(K-12).
A proven ability to communicate effectively with a range of stakeholders and inspire staff to be continuous learners in the area of Performing Arts is essential.
It is also preferable that the ideal candidate is able to teach VCE Music Performance and VCE Music Style and Composition.
Key responsibilities include:
- Design of curriculum in alignment with the Beaconhills Curriculum Framework, specifically across Years 9 – 12
- Development of appropriate reporting, assessment and feedback mechanisms across the faculty subjects
- Implementation of teaching pedagogy and practices with integration of appropriate digital technology tools into classroom activities.
- Leadership, management and support of the extensive performance program across the disciplines of Drama, Dance and Music.
- Management of administrative requirements including staffing, timetabling, budgeting and resources
- Leadership, design, and review of professional development activities for the faculty teams
The successful candidate will:
- Hold a relevant qualification in education or a related field
- Have leadership experience
- Hold a current and valid VIT Registration
Beaconhills College is committed to child safety. As such, the successful applicant will be expected to satisfy child protection screening and adhere to the School’s Child Safe Policy and Code of Conduct.
Beaconhills College has engaged Hutton Consulting Australia to assist with the search and selection process for this position. For a confidential discussion regarding the application process and to obtain the full position description please contact the lead consultant – Fiona Hutton on 0499 000 973 or email email@example.com
Applications close: Monday 4 October 2021 at 5.00pm