- Permanent role
- Applications close: Monday 18th October, 2021 at 5:00pm.
Outstanding opportunity to lead a dynamic, vibrant and acclaimed music education department at Wenona School, Sydney.
Wenona School is an independent, day and boarding school for girls, located in North Sydney, with an enviable reputation for innovation, global outlook and service to others. Wenona girls graduate as Renaissance women; creative, resilient, articulate, well-educated, filled with a sense of optimism and a capacity for adventure.
We are seeking an experienced and passionate Head of Music with a proven success as a leader of a large school-based music program to facilitate, support and enhance music education and performance through our K-12 school-wide music program. With a strong understanding of Orff or Kodaly pedagogies, the Head of Music will be a continuous learner, committed to the development of their own skills and the engagement of their team in professional learning.
Reporting to the Deputy Principal – Teaching and learning, the Head of Music is responsible for leading and managing a high quality music program by maintaining an environment for best practice teaching and learning, and high quality performance. They will lead and work collaboratively with an established talented and committed team of Music educators across classroom, ensemble, instrumental and administrative functions. As part of a wider Performing Arts Faculty, the role collaborates with the Head of Dance, Director of Performing Arts and Production staff.
With a negotiated start date in 2022, the successful candidate will demonstrate:
- a proven ability to collegially manage and lead a range of staff across the faculty
- experience in the leadership and development of professional learning for a range of staff across the faculty
- Experience in Reviewing and developing a contemporary and cohesive classroom music education program
- An ability to use ICT to facilitate and enrich student learning and engagement beyond the classroom
- ability to work with a broad range of stakeholders, including students, teachers and parents to meet individual student learning needs.
- an understanding of and commitment to the educational needs of girls and young women.
- a passion for the promotion and advocation for the Performing Arts to the wider school community
- Experience teaching Music 7-12, including one or more Stage 6 courses, with a track record of exceptional results in Music.
- HSC marking experience, with an ability to guide assessment and reporting practices across the faculty would be desirable
- Excellent communication skills, with an ability to engage and communicate with all stakeholders including students, parents and staff.
- Ability to be solutions focused and data-driven in all decision making.
- Desire to use flexibility and creativity in day-to-day activities.
- Understand and commitment to child wellness, safety and the protection of children in a Child Safe School.
- A sense of humour and positive attitude
Wenona School is a child safe environment. Our School actively promotes the safety and wellbeing of all students, and all School staff are committed to protecting students from abuse or harm, in accordance with their legal and ethical obligations including child safe standards. Wenona’s Code of Conduct is available on our website. https://www.wenona.nsw.edu.au/
Wenona School has engaged Hutton Consulting Australia to assist with the search and selection process for this position. For a confidential discussion, enquiries regarding the application process and requests for the full position description, please contact Fiona Hutton on 0499 000 973 or email firstname.lastname@example.org, alternatively you may contact Jann Robinson on email@example.com
Applications close: Monday October 18, 2021 at 5.00pm