- Permanent role
- Applications close: Monday 7 March, 2022 at 5:00 pm
Beaconhills College seeks a dynamic, experienced leader of English and Literacy for the Middle School.
From its humble beginnings in 1982, Beaconhills College has grown and flourished into a leading school in holistic education, with campuses in Pakenham and Berwick; part of the rapidly growing South Eastern region of Melbourne. The Middle School, Years 5 to 8 focuses on developing conceptual understanding, and building knowledge and skills through a broad curriculum. This stage of young people’s lives is a dynamic time of growth, increasing independence and identity formation. In partnership with families, our educators aim to provide a safe and nurturing environment in which students can navigate these exciting, but often challenging times.
With a negotiable start date ideally no later than the beginning of Term 3, the Head of Middle School English and Literacy is a senior role collaborating with the cross-campus Head of Faculty counterpart, and reporting to the Head of Teaching and Learning, Middle School. This leadership role is responsible for nurturing and supporting an environment where teachers can thrive through an emphasis on reflective practice, self-improvement and collaboration. The Head of Faculty leads a team of English teachers in the development and delivery of a high quality, meaningful curriculum through contemporary teaching practice and pedagogy in order to make a difference in the lives of students. The role also plays a significant role in developing and supporting the implementation of our innovation plan through effective change management. A proven ability to communicate effectively with a range of stakeholders and inspire staff to be continuous learners, capable of integrating new ideas and developing practice.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate:
- Expertise in the development of curriculum in alignment with the Beaconhills Curriculum Framework, specifically across Years 5-8 with a focus on personalised and experiential learning
- Implementation of innovative teaching pedagogy and practices with integration of appropriate digital technology tools into classroom activities.
- Experienced in data informed and evidence-based review and curriculum planning
- Development and empowerment of staff, increasing accountability, and utilising a coaching approach
- Capacity to collaborate and network with others and lead high performing teams
- Role modelling of effective reflective practice, professional growth and high levels of practice
Beaconhills College is committed to child safety. As such, the successful applicant will be expected to satisfy child protection screening and adhere to the School’s Child Safe Policy and Code of Conduct. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples are encouraged to apply for all positions at Beaconhills College.
Beaconhills College has engaged Hutton Consulting Australia to assist with the search and selection process for this position. For a confidential discussion regarding the application process and to obtain the full position description please contact the lead consultant, Aine Maher on 0457 521 228 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close: Monday 7 March, 5.00pm, 2022