Located in Melbourne’s eastern suburbs, Strathcona Girls Grammar has the reputation of a strongly connected community of learners. Catering for girls and boys in the ELC and girls only from Prep to Year 12, the school accommodates approximately 800 students.
The Head of Mathematics will be committed to the implementation of best teaching practice and learning programs which meet the needs of every learner. The Head of Mathematics will lead with vision, fostering cohesion as they work with their team to engage in and develop teaching strategies which have a high impact on student learning and growth. The Head of Mathematics is responsible for the efficient and effective management of daily operations within their department, ensuring that all teaching and learning practices align with Victorian Certificate of Education (VCE) and Victorian Curriculum studies. Reporting directly to the Dean of Teaching and Learning, the Head of Mathematics will support the development of the quality of teaching and learning of the class teachers within their department and be responsible for developing the strategic direction of the department in line with the School’s Mission and Vision.
The successful candidate will:
- Promote and enable the School’s Strategic Vision
- Work collaboratively with all community stakeholders to drive improvement in student learning outcomes
- Possess outstanding interpersonal skills including a demonstrated ability to consult, collaborate, negotiate and interact with staff, students and parents / guardians.
- Create and foster a climate of professional dialogue around teaching effectiveness, feedback and targets for improvement
- Implement diverse and contemporary teaching strategies and a differentiated curriculum within a Department
- Possess a sound knowledge of Victorian Certificate of Education (VCE) and Victorian Curriculum studies within the Mathematics curriculum.
Current full Victorian Institute of Teaching (VIT) registration.
Relevant Post-Graduate studies (or working towards a further qualification).
Strathcona Girls Grammar is a school where the dignity of each person is recognised, respected and fostered. Our school takes an integrated and collaborative approach to building and strengthening safe and respectful school communities which are child safe.
Hutton Consulting Australia is partnering with Strathcona Girls Grammar in the search and selection process for this position. For a confidential discussion regarding the application process and to obtain the candidate information pack and associated documents, please contact Chris Menage on 0427 703 483 or Chris.firstname.lastname@example.org or Kirsti Hitz-Morton on 0434914188 or Kirsti.email@example.com.
We encourage all interested candidates to submit applications as early as possible because interviewing will commence prior to the closing date and the school reserves the right to make an appointment at any stage of the recruitment process, including prior to the closing date. Please ONLY APPLY directly to Hutton Consulting Australia. Applications should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5:00pm on Sunday 19th November 2023.