- Permanent role
- Applications close: Monday 16th August, 2021 at 5:00pm.
Established in 1984, and named after its founder Bishop Radford, Radford College has grown from small beginnings to be the vibrant learning community it is today with over 2000 students from Pre-Kindergarten to Year 12. It was founded as an Anglican College to provide a modern education which was fair, progressive, inclusive, engaging with a commitment to the education of young people and involvement within the community. The College continues to live out these values by having a diverse offering catering for all students, a gender balance across the College and involvement within the wider community.
Radford has a non-selective enrolment policy which sees it committed to each student’s learning needs being met. The College offers the International Baccalaureate Primary Years Program from Kindergarten to Year 6 and the Diploma Program in Years 11 and 12 as well as offering the Board for Senior Studies (BSSS) for senior students. There are pathways for all students and the College is committed to each student’s learning and growth. The College has a well-deserved reputation for academic excellence being consistently ranked highly in the ACT.
The College has continued to be true to the vision for a modern education with the adoption of contemporary pedagogies and providing opportunities for students to learn beyond the classroom through co-curricular activities and its well renowned service-learning program. The College celebrates all students helping them value humanity, learning and their own potential as they become compassionate, adaptable global citizens. Relationships between the students and teachers are respectful and foster the development of engagement, connection and belonging. The learning spaces and facilities reflect the commitment to innovation and imbedding pedagogies that support the students to learning in new ways and to grow in self-efficacy.
The Head of Department (Mathematics), leads, develops and promotes the academic Mathematics programs in Years 7 to 12 and maintains the development of authentic learning experiences. Reporting to and supporting the Assistant Principal Teaching and Learning and the Assistant Principal Curriculum, this role leads and manages the Mathematics Department in accordance with the Strategic Plan, policy and direction of the College. The Head of Mathematics will drive a professional improvement agenda and is committed to a shared educational vision focused on providing quality learning outcomes for students.
The successful candidate is a leader with demonstrated leadership capacity who will:
- Lead the development of innovative teaching and learning with comprehensive pedagogical skills, curriculum knowledge and assessment requirements.
- Lead and inspire Mathematics staff to contribute to a rich and diverse curriculum.
- Demonstrate excellence in current and emerging educational developments in Mathematics incorporating technology to enhance engagement in the learning environment.
- Maintain the development of authentic learning experiences that enrich the learning of Mathematics.
- Foster a collaborative and positive organisational culture able to promote Mathematics and the College to the broader community.
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills in a range of formal and informal settings.
- Support and promote the values of the College
- Participate in pastoral and co-curricular programs, including student well-being initiatives, school camps and excursions
- Commit to the safeguarding and promoting of student welfare
Radford College is a child safe employer and is committed to the welfare of children and their protection. All potential employees and volunteers will be required to comply with the College’s Code of Conduct, Child Protection Program have a current Working with Vulnerable People Clearance.
Radford College has engaged Hutton Consulting Australia to assist with the search and selection process for this position. All candidates will require a position description from us.
DO NOT APPLY DIRECTLY ON-LINE.
For a confidential discussion regarding the application process and to obtain further details please contact the lead consultant Jann Robinson on 0437774734 or via email email@example.com
Closing date for applications is Monday August 16