- Permanent role
- Applications close: Friday August 6th, 5:00pm, 2021
The Kilmore International School seeks to employ an exceptional educational leader with a commitment to academic excellence and innovation across the school. Established in 1989 as an independent, non‐denominational, co‐educational boarding and day school for academically motivated students, the School is located in the township of Kilmore – one hour north of Melbourne close to the beautiful Macedon Ranges and Kinglake National Park.
The Kilmore International School has a reputation as a leading academic school with an impressive record of success in the International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme. Guided by the values and learner profile of the International Baccalaureate, the School is a close-knit international learning community where local students gain a global perspective through connecting and engaging with other students from different societies and cultures. By understanding and embracing cultural differences and similarities, all our students forge strong relationships as members of local, national and global communities. Learning flourishes in this positive setting.
The Head of Learning and Innovation is responsible for raising student academic achievement using data to inform practice and raise performance. In addition, the Head of Learning and Innovation is responsible for leading a process of continual improvement in the areas of teaching, learning, and innovation at the School, thus ensuring that The Kilmore international School remains at the forefront of education, building upon the School’s long standing tradition of academic excellence.
The Head of Learning and Innovation has the line management responsibility for the School’s Heads of Learning and coordinators of academic departments and is responsible for leading this team in a collaborative approach with regard to teaching and learning and all areas of curriculum, assessment, and reporting.
As part of the School’s Senior Leadership Team, the Head of Learning and Innovation reports to the Principal, via the Deputy Principals / Heads of School, with whom she/he works in close collaboration. An attractive salary and benefits package along with relocation costs will be negotiated.
The successful candidate will be a relational and dynamic professional, able to:
- lead innovation in curriculum development and teaching and learning
- foster a climate of shared learning and continuous improvement for both staff and students;
- demonstrate a track record of building and mentoring highly effective teams.
- motivate and engage staff, students and parents to ensure a climate of support and high expectations.
- display experience of integrating and enabling technology for learning and using data to track student performance.
- deliver operational and financial leadership of curriculum, assessment, reporting and policies.
- lead professional development and performance management of staff.
- show exceptional communication skills in a range of formal and informal settings.
- demonstrate extensive teaching experience, preferably in an international, multi-lingual school.
The Kilmore International School has engaged Hutton Consulting Australia to assist with the search and selection process for this position. For a confidential discussion regarding the application process and to obtain a candidate information pack, please contact Amanda Samson on 0433 356 911 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please do not apply directly on line.
Applications close Friday August 6, 2021 at 5pm