Located in the attractive surrounds of inner suburban Hyde Park, the school is conveniently located just 4 kilometres south of Adelaide’s CBD and less than 12 kilometres from the coast.
The primary responsibilities of the Head of Junior School will be to lead the strategic direction of the Junior School, this includes the provision of educational and organisational leadership, which improves the quality of learning and teaching within the Walford Junior School, ELC – Year 5. The role entails effective day to day management of the sub-school and oversight of the academic, engagement and wellbeing of Junior School students, where girls are encouraged to take risks and be courageous, taking responsibility for their own learning. In Early Learning, the Reggio Emilia principles are central to the students’ learning, an approach that is further developed in the Junior School years with a strong inquiry and experiential learning focus through the International Baccalaureate Primary Years Programme.
The Head of Junior School is a member of the Executive Leadership team, accountable to the Principal and reports through the Deputy Principal. This role carries a teaching role within the Junior School.Ideally beginning in Semester 2, 2020, or with a negotiated start date, this position is offered as a five year tenured role. The successful candidate will be a highly skilled communicator, adept at engaging all stakeholders in a high performing Junior School community; providing leadership in the development of staff as continuous learners, maintaining sustained positive relationships with parents and visibly supporting community events.The successful candidate will be a dynamic and collaborative leader able to:
- Commit and contribute to the Executive Leadership Team and strategy of the whole school.
- Lead the learning across the primary school with a strong knowledge of evidence-based pedagogies and a commitment to high expectations that honour the innate capacity of each child.
- Pro-actively lead, motivate and empower Junior School staff in their professional growth
- Lead and develop a strong, inclusive and positive culture where each person is valued, respected and empowered.
- Leadership of contemporary wellbeing practices that ensure the health and safety of the Junior School students and staff.
- Demonstrate a high level of commitment to College life with the ability to build and sustain authentic relationships with multiple teams and stakeholders.
Walford Anglican School for Girls is committed to child safety. As such, the successful applicant will be expected to satisfy child protection screening, and adhere to the School’s Child Safe Policy and Code of Conduct.
Walford Anglican School for Girls has engaged Hutton Consulting Australia to assist with the search and selection process for this position. For a confidential discussion regarding the application process and to obtain the full position description please contact the lead consultant – Fiona Hutton on 0499 000 973 or email email@example.com or Rob Sieben on 0408 083 083 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close: Monday 2 March, 2020 at 5.00pm