- Permanent role
- Applications close: Sunday 30 October, 2022 at 5:00pm.
Founded in 1977 in Barden Ridge 25kms southwest of Sydney CBD in the Sutherland Shire, Shire Christian School is located in a pleasant setting with a growing enrolment of over 930 students from Prep to Year 12. The School was established by parents to meet their responsibility to raise their children in the Christian faith, where school would be an extension of home reinforcing Christian teaching. Shire Christian School has a strong culture of care where students, teachers and parents work together within a close-knit community. Christian families make up the majority of the enrolments, but the School is inclusive of those seeking to educate their children within a caring Christian community.
The Head of Junior School works closely with the Principal, Executive and K-6 Coordinators to provide direction, support, and leadership across all areas within the Junior School. They will nurture a positive learning culture that is academically rigorous, authentically Christian and encompasses a holistic view of student wellbeing and learning.
As an executive leader, the Head of Junior School will promote positive relationships amongst staff, students and parents and oversee the successful implementation of Junior School operations and events – solving problems and developing new initiatives innovatively and successfully.
With a preferable January 2023 start date, the Head of Junior School reports directly to the Principal. This position is offered as a five-year executive contract.
The successful candidate will be:
- A committed Christian in the reformed evangelical tradition
- An outstanding teacher and leader able to inspire and grow students and teachers
- Able to oversee the day to day running of the Junior School, ensuring that effective and efficient systems are in place to support teaching, learning, operations, pastoral care, and events
- Able to demonstrate the capacity to identify and manage change
- Responsible for ensuring that all Junior School Curriculum documents and teaching programs are compliant, contain a Biblical worldview and support the pedagogies endorsed by the school
- Committed to working collaboratively with the Executive team to facilitate and foster a positive learning climate for staff and students across the whole School
- Responsible for designing and implementing proactive pastoral care programs that assist all children to grow in their understanding of God’s Word
- Able to establish positive relationships with parents/carers of the School and work with them for the benefit of students and the School
Shire Christian School has zero tolerance for child abuse and is committed to providing a child safe environment where children and young people are safe and feel safe, as outlined in the Child Protection Policy.
Hutton Consulting Australia is partnering with Shire Christian School in the search and selection process for this position. For a confidential discussion regarding the application process and to access the candidate information pack, please contact Kirsti Hitz-Morton on 0434 914188 or email Kirsti.Hitz-Morton@hutton.education.
DO NOT APPLY ONLINE.
Applications close at 5pm on Sunday 30 October 2022