- Permanent role
- Applications close: Friday 30 September, 2022 at 5:00pm.
Pembroke School is a co-educational, non-denominational, day and boarding, SACE and International Baccalaureate (IB) school offering outstanding education from ELC to Year 12. Pembroke School is located five kilometres east of the city of Adelaide, South Australia, in a residential area which is quiet and characterised by wonderful gardens, parks and trees – the leafy suburbs as they are known in Adelaide.
Pembroke School comprises two campuses: the King’s Campus (Middle School) and Girton Campus (Junior School and Senior School). The campuses are located within five minutes’ walk of each other.
The learning journey of a young person at Pembroke begins with their first steps in discovery at the ELC. Our new Head of Junior School will play a leading part in shaping the future of all students throughout their early years of schooling. Pembroke requires an experienced educational leader with vision to oversee the smooth operation of the Junior School (ELC-Year 6), student welfare and management, curriculum, staff management and community relations.
Pembroke School offers a world leading IB Primary Years Programme in which collaboration, effective communication, critical thinking, problem solving, risk-taking, and creativity is encouraged. All members of the community work together to fulfill the IB’s mission to care for and create a more peaceful world.
Commencing in Semester 1 2023, the Head of Junior School supports the Principal in leading, developing and driving the execution of initiatives aligned to achieving the values, vision, mission and strategic objectives of the School. The Head of Junior supports the Dean of Studies in ensuring that the school adheres to the IB PYP Standards and Practices.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate:
- A strong understanding of contemporary inquiry-based pedagogy and student wellbeing practices
- A passion for leading, motivating, and empowering Junior School staff in their professional growth
- A commitment to contributing to the Senior Management Team and strategy of the whole school
- A shared responsibility for the school’s strategic planning and the continued implementation of the priorities established through the Strategic Plan
- A commitment to lead excellence in IB PYP Schools
- Exceptional communication skills and the ability to engage with a range of stakeholders, including those from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds
- A proven ability to build and mentor highly effective teams that promote staff relationships based on mutual trust and respect
A commitment to the IB PYP is essential.
Pembroke School has zero tolerance for child abuse and is committed to providing a child safe environment where children and young people are safe and feel safe, as outlined in the Child Protection Policy.
Hutton Consulting Australia has been engaged to assist with the search and selection process for this position. For a confidential discussion, all enquiries regarding the application process and requests for the full position description, please contact Kirsti Hitz-Morton on 0434 914 188 or email Kirsti.firstname.lastname@example.org.
DO NOT APPLY DIRECTLY ONLINE.
Applications close at 5pm on Friday 30 September 2022