Oxley College is an authentically co-educational non-denominational K-12 school in the NSW Southern Highlands. The school was established in 1983 for students in the Senior School (Years 7-12) and the Junior School opened in 2012. The College ethos is based on Christian values with the aim of providing a contemporary and enlightened education, within an inspiring and beautiful country landscape. Oxley College is well known as a leader in the implementation of evidence-based teaching and learning strategies, especially Visible Learning. Earlier this year, the Sydney Morning Herald identified the College as one of the five most “dramatically effective” schools for sustained academic growth over the last five years, coming from the middle of the HSC rankings to consistently placing in the Top 100 schools in the state.
Oxley College seeks to appoint a visionary and innovative Head of Junior School who understands the dynamic nature of contemporary education and will embrace the unique culture and current distinctives of the College. Working closely with the Head of College and members of the Executive, the Head of Junior School will be an accomplished leader, with an ability to engage enthusiastically and authentically with our community. The successful applicant will provide inspirational leadership, vision and direction to our Junior School, aligning with the K-12 Vision and Strategy, to enhance a flourishing learning community.
This is a role that can continue to shape the pioneering College which has a strong commitment to inquiry-based learning, balanced with strong foundational skills in literacy and numeracy and a commitment to a student-centred approach. The successful applicant will be an exceptional communicator, an innovative educational leader and will have experience in leading and building a strong culture of trust, professional discipline and care.
Ideally beginning in 2020, or with a negotiated start date, this position is offered as a five year tenured role. The successful candidate will be a highly skilled communicator, adept at engaging all stakeholders in a high performing Junior School community; providing leadership in the development of staff as continuous learners, maintaining sustained positive relationships with parents and visibly supporting community events.
The successful candidate will be a dynamic and collaborative leader able to:
- Commit and contribute to the K-12 vision and strategy of the College
- Pro-actively lead, motivate and empower staff in their professional growth
- Lead the learning across the primary school with a strong knowledge of evidence-based pedagogies and a commitment to high expectations that honour the innate capacity of each child
- Lead and develop a strong, inclusive and positive culture where each person is valued, respected and empowered
- Display outstanding presentation and communication skills with proven capacity for team building and community engagement
- Demonstrate a high level of commitment to College life with the ability to build and sustain authentic relationships with multiple teams and stakeholders
- Inspire students so that the Junior School is a place of Welcome, Wonder and Wisdom
Oxley College is committed to child safety. As such, the successful applicant will be expected to satisfy child protection screening, and adhere to the School’s Child Safe Policy and Code of Conduct.
Oxley College has engaged Hutton Consulting Australia to assist with the search and selection process for this position. For a confidential discussion regarding the application process and to obtain the full position description please contact the lead consultant – Fiona Hutton on 0499 000 973 or email firstname.lastname@example.org or Dr Amanda Samson on 0433356911 or email email@example.com
Applications close: Wednesday October 30 at 5.00pm