- Permanent role
- Applications close: Monday October 11, 5:00pm, 2021
Kempsey Adventist School is seeking an expert instructional educator to lead literacy and numeracy in the school.
Located on the northern coastline of NSW near Crescent Head, Kempsey Adventist School (KAS) is a welcoming, Christ-centred community. An aspirational, future-focused, learning community where both the individual and collective team exhibit a growth mindset to achieve educational excellence. It is a close-knit community, founded on the principles of nurture, learning and service.
Kempsey Adventist School (KAS) is passionate about Christianity. They recognise each student is a unique creation of a loving God, with strengths and weaknesses, gifts and talents. The school aims to identify these characteristics and nurture individual growth in the context of a loving and caring Christian community, regardless of religious or cultural background.
The role will take responsibility for the implementation of data-informed best practice in Literacy and Numeracy in the Primary School. It will include working closely with the Assistant Principal- Teaching & Learning, STEAM and Communication and the Learning Enrichment HoD to develop a whole school approach. You will also lead a team of Instructional Coaches (Explicit Direction Instruction). You will have a broad teaching experience and will have led a team to improve the outcomes for students. You will have strong relationship skills, be compassionate and reflective, and be willing to have radically candid conversations. The role includes being part of the Primary Leadership team.
The successful candidate will be a collaborative and relational leader, with a clear capacity to support staff and able to demonstrate:
- Support for the mission and ethos of the School.
- Capacity to work with instructional leaders to improve through pedagogical practice
- Knowledge and master of the relevant NESA syllabus content the National Professional Standards for Teachers
- Ability to implement innovative methodologies, engage students and ensure improved learning outcomes, as well as exposure to Explicit Direct Instruction
- Evidence driven practice, able to develop and guide staff in using data to understand student needs
- Reflective practice with excellent collaborative and consultative capacity
Kempsey Adventist School is committed to child safety. As such, the successful applicant will be expected to satisfy child protection screening, and adhere to the School’s Child Safe Policy and Code of Conduct.
Kempsey Adventist School has engaged Hutton Consulting Australia to assist with the search and selection process for this position. For a confidential discussion regarding the application process and to obtain the full position description please contact the lead consultant Dr Amanda Samson on 0433 356 911 or email email@example.com
Applications close: Monday October 11, 2021 at 5.00pm