- Permanent role
- Applications close: Sunday 4 September 2022 at 5:00pm.
Overnewton Anglican Community College is a co-educational Preparatory to Year 12 College catering for approximately 2,000 students across two campuses, Canowindra located in Taylors Lakes and Yirramboi in Keilor.
Overnewton Anglican Community College strives to be an inclusive learning community, providing a respectful environment where students aspire to excellence in a broad range of curricular and co-curricular opportunities. We value our Christian foundation, and the importance of parents as active members of our College family as we work together, endeavoring to prepare each of our students to be mentally, physically and spiritually ready for life.
An outstanding opportunity has arisen for a contemporary, innovative Human Resources professional to join the Leadership team. The Head of Human Resources is a key leadership role within the College, providing an inspiring, strategic and contemporary vision for the operations of human resources.
The Head of Human Resources works closely with the Principal, Deputy Principal Heads of Campus and the College Leadership Team to deliver on the people-related priorities of the College.
The Head of Human Resources reports to the Principal and works closely with the School’s Leadership Team. The role has responsibility for:
- HR Management, Planning and Administration
- Recruitment and Retention
- Employee Relations
- HR Strategy and Change Management
- Governance and Risk Management
Overnewton are seeking someone with the following skills and experience:
- Demonstrated HR qualifications and experience in a large, complex environment
- Strong working knowledge of employment relations and risk management related legislation, preferably within an education context
- Effective leadership skills with proven ability to drive change in a dynamic environment
- Ability to apply critical thinking processes to problems, diagnose employee issues and generate effective solutions
- Proven ability to interpret Enterprise Agreement and relevant Awards and other provisions and provide accurate advice to employees and the leadership team
- Demonstrated negotiation and influencing skills; engaging presentation skills
- Ability to work with other leaders to translate culture into workplace practices
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including effective listening skills
Overnewton Anglican Community College is committed to providing a child safe environment where children and young people are safe and feel safe.
Overnewton College has engaged Hutton Consulting Australia to assist with the search and selection process for this position. For a confidential discussion regarding the application process and to obtain the candidate information pack please contact Mark Sowden on 0421 707 996 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please ONLY APPLY directly to Hutton Consulting Australia. Only suitably qualified applicants will be contacted.
Applications close Sunday 4th September, 2022 at 5.00pm.