- Permanent role
- Applications close: Monday 6th September, 2021 at 5.00pm
Danebank Anglican School for Girls is one of the leading Christian girls’ schools in Australia with a wonderful reputation and proud history of excellence and innovation in thinking, learning and care. Located in the southern suburbs of Sydney, Danebank’s purpose is to nurture and develop girls from Pre-K to Year 12 to develop into magnificent women of influence who flourish in every aspect of their lives and so serve and shape Christ’s world. The life of the school is anchored in the Christian faith and their worship and spiritual life is grounded in the Anglican tradition.
The Head of Finance and Administration is a senior leadership position at Danebank designed to foster financial and business discipline and accountability, to provide wider strategic input and support the Executive decision making for the strategic direction of the school. Working strategically and closely with the Principal, along with the Executive, the Head of Finance and Administration will be experienced and able to manage the many aspects of this role, providing outstanding leadership across the financial, property, facilities, compliance and the governance domains of the School. The Head of Finance and Administration will have exceptional analytical and finance modelling skills, act professionally and possess outstanding interpersonal and leadership skills, developing sustainability in the management of our school and facilities
The Head of Finance and Administration will:
- demonstrate an authentic commitment to the Christian mission and values of Danebank
- hold relevant post-graduate qualifications in accounting (CPA/CA or equivalent)
- lead and manage the business office and trading activities staff of the School.
- be a highly visible presence in the community, developing a positive and supportive relationships and culture across the School.
- Support the Principal to ensure the effective, efficient and responsible management of all relevant staff, services and systems within the school that are associated with the support and resourcing the mission of the school
Key Selection Criteria
The successful candidate will be experienced in or demonstrate the capacity to:
- lead and manage the development and accountability for all financial and trading activities within the School.
- drive improvements in the management and maintenance of financial and reporting systems and business operations.
- Provide administrative support for the School Council and sub-committees, including preparing meeting papers, and taking minutes and attending all meetings.
- ensure risk management is delivered to the highest standard, bringing a risk minimisation view, including the preparation of risk management and NESA compliance and registration
- develop new projects and briefs, working with the School’s Architects as well as the Principal, School Council and Sub-Committee as well as long term master planning and scenario development.
- identify and solve problems and deliver key strategic improvement projects in a timely and effective manner
Danebank Anglican School for Girls is committed to child safety. All Danebank members of staff are required to comply with applicable child protection legislation and are responsible for ensuring that the School’s Child Safe policies, procedures and programs are at the forefront of all we do. As such, the successful applicant will be expected to satisfy child protection screening and adhere to the School’s Child Protection Policy and Code of Conduct.
Danebank Anglican School for Girls has engaged Hutton Consulting Australia to assist with the search and selection process for this position. All candidates will require an application pack from us. DO NOT APPLY DIRECTLY ONLINE. For a confidential discussion regarding the application process and to obtain further details, please contact the lead consultant Jann Robinson 0437774734 or email@example.com or Fiona Hutton firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close on Monday 6th September at 5pm