- Permanent role
- Applications close: Monday 4 April 2022 at 5:00pm.
Since its establishment in 1884, Wilderness School has been at the forefront of girls’ education. A non-denominational day and boarding school from Early Learning to Year 12, Wilderness School understands and caters to the needs of each individual. Wilderness School prepares girls to be adventurous, courageous, responsible and respectful learners and leaders. The legacy of our Founders, the Misses Brown, continues today and is a rich and integral part of our School culture. At Wilderness, we strive to enable each student to be the best that she can be.
Wilderness School, Adelaide is seeking to appoint a highly accomplished and passionate Head of English, commencing Semester 2, 2022 or sooner by negotiation.
Reporting directly to the Director of Learning and Teaching Excellence, the Head of English is responsible for the delivery of an innovative and rigorous English curriculum that delivers maximum growth and achievement for all students.
The Head of English will be committed to developing their own leadership and leadership practices, as well as empowering, motivating and supporting the members of the English Department to improve their professional and classroom practices. Reflective, collaborative and collegial, the Head of English cultivates a climate of innovation, mutual trust and respect.
The Head of English will be a highly experienced English teacher with a demonstrated passion for educating and empowering students and teachers to strive for excellence and continual growth. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills will be required in this role.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate:
- A capacity to collaborate with the Head of Curriculum to ensure that Department curricula reflect the School’s Mission, Vision, Values and Strategic Priorities
- An ability to evaluate teaching and learning programs to ensure that they are relevant, rigorous, engaging and developmental
- A capacity to collaborate with teachers to devise and monitor fair, consistent and reasonable assessment procedures at each year level
- Role modelling of effective reflective practice and professional growth of self and others
- An ability to meet requirements of Legislative Acts and Government agencies
- Understanding of and commitment to the ethos of Wilderness School
The successful candidate will possess:
- Appropriate academic qualifications, suitable experience, and a background relevant to the role, including maintaining a South Australian Teaching Registration Certificate with the Teacher’s Registration Board SA
- Extensive experience in teaching English at Secondary level
Wilderness School is committed to child safety. As such, the successful applicant will be expected to satisfy child protection screening and adhere to the School’s Child Safe Policy and Code of Conduct.
Wilderness School has engaged Hutton Consulting Australia to assist with the search and selection process for this position. For a full position description, a confidential discussion, or enquiries regarding the application process, please contact Darren Roylett 0488 001 064 or email@example.com or Kirsti Hitz-Morton 0434914188 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications to close by 5.00pm Monday 4th April
PLEASE DO NOT APPLY DIRECTLY ON-LINE