- Permanent role
- Applications close: Monday 30th May, 2022 at 5:00pm.
Wenona has remained at the forefront of girls’ education since its establishment in 1886. For the past 135 years, it has been a dynamic and future-focused school, as well as a pioneer in the education and rights of young women. While the School is not academically selective, its students continually achieve well above state and national averages.
Located five kilometres from Sydney’s CBD in North Sydney, the School currently has 1,250 students from Kindergarten to Year 12, as well as a small Boarding House that caters for 50 boarders from regional and remote areas of Australia and overseas. Wenona’s Junior School recently received accreditation to deliver the International Baccalaureate’s Primary Years Programme (PYP). The School is affiliated with the Alliance of Girls’ Schools Australasia, the Association of Independent Girls’ Schools, and the Independent Primary School Heads of Australia.
Wenona embraces the values and ideals of the Renaissance woman. Students are encouraged to engage in a wide range of creative and physical pursuits, as well as service and leadership. The students at Wenona are taught to be inclusive, to celebrate difference, and to value original thinking. Wenona’s commitment to service is underpinned by the School motto, Ut Prosim, ‘that I may serve’.
The Head of Faculty (English), leads, develops and promotes the academic English programs in Years 7-12 and maintains the development of authentic learning experiences. Reporting to the Dean of Academic Studies, the Head of English is committed to developing their own leadership and leadership practices, as well as empowering, motivating and supporting the members of the English Faculty to improve their professional and classroom practice. The Head of English will be a highly experienced English teacher with a demonstrated ability for inspiring all learners by using differentiated pedagogies to create a dynamic learning environment.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate:
- The capacity to lead a high performing team
- Experience as an HSC marker or strong understanding of HSC assessment and marking processes to guide the Faculty
- Strong knowledge of NESA curriculum, assessment and reporting processes, including developments within the Australian curriculum
- A commitment to collaborative teaching practices and to contribution to a team of professional educators
- The ability to work with a broad range of stakeholders, including students, teachers and parents
- Understanding of the standards articulated in the Wenona Effective Teaching Cycle
The successful applicant will possess:
- Appropriate academic qualifications, suitable experience in teaching English and be accredited with NESA.
- Extensive experience in teaching English at Secondary level
Wenona School is a child safe environment. The School is committed to the welfare of children and their protection. All potential employees will be required to comply with the School’s Code of Conduct and Child Safe Policies and have a current Working With children Check. All employees at Wenona School must comply with current Public Health Orders pertaining to COVID-19 vaccinations. All must be double vaccinated for COVID-19 or able to meet the exemption criteria as determined by NSW Health.
Please do not apply directly online.
Wenona has engaged Hutton Consulting Australia to assist with the search and selection process for this position. For a confidential discussion regarding the application process and to obtain further details please contact the lead consultant Jann Robinson on 0437 774 734 or email email@example.com
Applications close Monday 30th May , 2022 at 5pm.