- Permanent role
- Applications close: Monday 16th August 2021 at 5:00 pm
Flinders Christian Community College seeks a dynamic and experienced professional to lead English across the whole school.
Flinders Christian Community College is an independent, coeducational, interdenominational Christian school, with an open and inclusive enrolment policy, for students in Kinder to Year 12, with beautiful campuses located in Carrum Downs, Mt Martha and Tyabb. Students are encouraged, challenged and inspired to learn, develop in character, understand the world in which they live. Flinders is designed and operated to achieve long term results related to student understanding, dispositions for lifelong learning and service in the Kingdom of God.
Flinders has established a positive school culture, which seeks to value all by displaying love, grace, integrity, humility and forgiveness. There is an inclusive educational philosophy which underpins the curricular and extra-curricular programs from three-year old kinder to Year 12. Students have opportunities to engage in activities such as drama, music, sport, debating and public speaking, community service and mission programs. Flinders Christian Community College seeks to employ professional and innovative educators, who are committed to quality Christian Education and the College’s purpose, vision and values.
This dynamic leadership role covers the Carrum Downs and Tyabb campuses with the intention of building a whole school approach to English. The Head of English combines an active teaching role, with leadership and administrative responsibilities which complement and supplement the work of the Campus Principal and Head of Teaching and Learning. Developing an environment in which the teaching team can create optimum learning conditions for their students, the Head of English will contribute to the interests of the school and have the capacity to provide a good channel of communication between the team and the school administration.
Reporting to the Head of Teaching and Learning, the successful candidate will have strong relational and team building skills, with an interest in future focused education. An excellent understanding of differentiation and cross curricula literacy will be advantageous. Commencing in January 2022, the preferred candidate will be a proactive and collaborative educational leader able to demonstrate:
- A well-developed understanding of and commitment to the principles of Christian education
- Lead the development of innovative teaching and learning and build a collaborative culture
- Experience in the integration of current and emerging technology into the classroom to enhance student engagement
- Evidence of data driven improvement in practice, differentiation and curriculum innovation
- Demonstrated ability to organise, lead and deliver professional learning programs
- Highly developed skills in leading and managing change in an educational setting
- A highlight developed capacity to motivate staff, develop their talents and build an effective team
- Well-developed interpersonal skills in formal and informal settings
Flinders Christian Community College is committed to child safety. As such, the successful applicant will be expected to satisfy child protection screening, and adhere to the School’s Child Safe Policy and Code of Conduct.
Flinders Christian Community College has engaged Hutton Consulting Australia to assist with the search and selection process for this position. For a confidential discussion regarding the application process and to obtain the full position description please contact the lead consultant – Dr Amanda Samson on 0433356911 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please ONLY APPLY directly to Hutton Consulting Australia. Only suitably qualified applicants will be contacted.
Applications close: Monday August 16, 2021 at 5pm