- Permanent role
- Applications close: Thursday 3 August, 2023 at 5:00 pm
Biala School for Specialised Education is seeking an experienced and relational professional to provide educational leadership.
Operating since 1969 in the lifestyle town of Ballina on the beautiful northern NSW coast, Biala School is Ballina’s only independent school offering a range of specialist services to students with disabilities from age 4 through to transition beyond Year 12. As a small school providing education for people living with intellectual and physical disability, including autism, down syndrome and cerebral palsy, the curriculum weaves academic knowledge, community access and life skills into everyday learning activities. Biala School supports and empowers students with complex learning disabilities to recognise and optimise their full potential by instilling respect, independence and self-confidence.
With a negotiated commencement date, the Head of Education plays a key role in the learning and culture of the school. As a passionate advocate for special education and diverse pathways, the successful candidate will be able to lead a team and develop collaborative practices that drive positive student outcomes. The Head of Education will have expertise in student-centred learning with a strong sense of innovation, growth, and positivity. A relational and visible leader, you will be committed to the development of others, with capacity to celebrate and inspire staff and students to take risks with their learning and find their unique pathway. This position leads the operational management of the school with a solutions-focused approach and a growth mindset. This is an exciting leadership opportunity to influence and contribute to the ongoing success of a school that is making a real difference in specialised education.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate:
- Five years professional service, ideally in a special education school/program or in a similar situation working with students having special education needs.
- Knowledge of curriculum, assessment and student welfare with the ability to lead and design quality, inclusive teaching and differentiated learning programs.
- An outstanding ability to impart educational leadership skills through visible, accessible and effective communication.
- Exceptional inter-personal skills to foster an inclusive, supportive and nurturing school culture.
- An ability to build strong relationships and trust with staff, students, parents and the broader Biala community.
- Recognised tertiary teaching qualifications – additional Special Education qualifications will be highly regarded.
Biala School has zero tolerance for child abuse and is committed to providing a child safe environment where children and young people are safe and feel safe, as outlined in the Child Protection Policy.
Hutton Consulting Australia is partnering with Biala School in the search and selection process for this position. For a confidential discussion regarding the application process and to obtain the Candidate Information Pack, please contact Tracey Hickey 0402 157 556 or email@example.com
Please Note: Direct online applications will not be considered.
Applications should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5:00pm on Thursday 3 August 2023.