Maranatha Christian School invites applications from experienced leaders with a commitment to Christian education and an inspiring future vision.
Established in 1970, Maranatha Christian School was one of the first Christian schools founded in Melbourne’s south east as a learning community in partnership with home and church, where students are inspired to discover and develop their God-given gifts, abilities and character. Now grown to a thriving, dual campus school, Maranatha caters for students from ELC to Year 12, providing sound Christian education with a focus on individual student academic growth, critical thinking skills and development of co-curricular passions and interests, within a supportive, pastoral environment.
Maranatha Christian School is seeking a dynamic Christian leader for its Officer Campus, who is excited by developing an exceptional site into its next stage of secondary education. Currently, a spacious campus with a flourishing ELC – 6 student population, the students enjoy a well established kitchen garden with presiding chooks, outstanding Performing Arts Theatre and facilities, state of the art sports centre, and extensive grounds and outdoor spaces. The potential of this campus is evident: serviced by public transport, surrounded by new suburban developments and a collegial, committed staff, who actively contribute to the strong community.
Commencing in Term 1, 2021, or earlier by negotiation, the Head of Campus (Officer) will be an adaptive leader who demonstrates a range of leadership approaches and management skills, a deep interest in and understanding of student learning development, and an ability to work with a wide range of professional staff in ensuring that all students receive the very best of care and learning experiences. The Head of Campus is a vital member of the School Leadership Team that serves and represents the varied interests of the whole School. Reporting to the Executive Principal, the successful candidate will have a deep faith in God and a commitment to seeing every student and staff member flourish in their care.
The successful candidate will:
- authentically lead, promote and demonstrate the principles and values of a Christian Education in line with the School’s mission
- manage change successfully and lead a strong, contemporary and challenging curriculum, that supports and enables the best learning outcomes for all students
- lead the implementation of student wellbeing policies and age appropriate programs
- collaborate in the development of suitable professional learning programs for staff, including regular review processes
- develop essential networks outside the School and build collaborative networks inside the School
- ensure that all day-to-day operations of the Campus are managed effectively and efficiently bringing confidence to all involved.
- demonstrate excellent communication skills in a range of formal and informal settings.
Maranatha Christian School is a child safe employer and is committed to the welfare of children and their protection. All potential employees and volunteers will be required to comply with the School’s Code of Conduct and Child Safe Policy.
Maranatha Christian School has engaged Hutton Consulting Australia to assist with the search and selection process for this position. All candidates will require an application pack from us. DO NOT APPLY DIRECTLY ON-LINE. For a confidential discussion regarding the application process and to obtain further details please contact the lead consultant Fiona Hutton on 0499 000 973 or email@example.com, or Rob Sieben at firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close Friday 25th September, 2020, 5.00pm.