- Permanent role
- Applications close: Sunday 14 August, 2022 at 5:00pm.
Located in Oakleigh in the heart of Melbourne’s south east. The suburb of Oakleigh is known for its vibrancy and culture. Oakleigh Grammar offers excellence in co-educational learning from their Early Learning Centre through to Year 12. Oakleigh Grammar strives to create quality learning opportunities for every student to reach their full potential. Oakleigh Grammar is a multicultural environment with Christian values, where diversity is celebrated, and inclusion is encouraged.
The Oakleigh Grammar Early Learning Centre (ELC) is a state of the art facility offering a stimulating Reggio Emilia inspired learning environment for children from two to four years of age. The Early Learning Centre program encourages a child’s natural curiosity and creativity, whilst also ‘Empowering Young Minds’. Educators in the Early Learning Centre have the belief that children are full of curiosity and creativity, and that they have the powerful potential to gain a life-long passion for learning and exploration.
The curriculum is flexible and emerges from children’s ideas, thoughts and observations, with a belief that early learners have the capabilities to learn from their surroundings. The emphasis on the emergent curriculum, community and cultural awareness and respect are just a few elements that makes this approach the ideal basis for the Oakleigh Grammar ELC Curriculum.
With a start date of January 2023 (earlier by negotiation), The Head of the ELC reports to the Head of the Junior School. This leadership role is responsible for nurturing and supporting a Reggio Emilia inspired learning environment where all educators can thrive through an emphasis on reflective practice, self-improvement and collaboration and early learners are full of curiosity and creativity.
The successful candidate will be a suitably qualified professional with extensive experience in early years’ leadership.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate:
- The capacity to lead a high performing team
- Strong knowledge and understanding of the developmental needs of children two to five years of age
- A commitment to planning, implementing and evaluating learning using a consistent programming cycle suitable to the individual needs and interests of children, guided by the Reggio Emilia Approach
- The capacity to collaborate with senior leadership team members
- Proven experience of compliance with all Federal, State and local regulations and licensing requirements, including the maintenance of all relevant policy and procedure documents
- A commitment to developing and maintaining innovative and effective policies and practices within the ELC
- The ability to develop high quality relationships with a broad range of stakeholders, including children, parents, and the wider community.
The successful applicant will possess:
- Appropriate academic qualifications
- Experience in delivering service excellence to parents and carers
- Knowledge of current and emerging educational developments in Early Learning education.
Oakleigh Grammar is a child safe environment. The school is committed to the welfare of children and their protection. All potential employees will be required to comply with the school’s Code of Conduct and Child Safe Policies and have a current Working with Children Check. All employees at must comply with current Public Health Orders pertaining to COVID-19 vaccinations.
Oakleigh Grammar has zero tolerance for child abuse and is committed to providing a child safe environment where children and young people are safe and feel safe, as outlined in the Child Protection Policy.
Oakleigh Grammar has engaged Hutton Consulting Australia to assist with the search and selection process for this position. For a confidential discussion regarding the application process and to obtain a candidate information pack, please contact Kirsti Hitz-Morton on 0434 914 188 or via email Kirsti.firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please APPLY DIRECTLY to Hutton Consulting Australia. Only suitably qualified applicants will be contacted.
Applications Close Sunday, 14 August 2022 at 5pm.