- Permanent role
- Applications close: Sunday 2nd May, 2021 at 5:00 pm
A leader in girls’ education since 1890, Korowa Anglican Girls School is renowned for its academic excellence, broad range of opportunities and nurturing community.
The School is seeking a dynamic, relational and skilled Finance Manager to:
- ensure effective financial management of the School
- maintain financial budgets and adhere to best practice, policies, and legislation
- develop financial structures which support the educational aims of the School
Located in the quiet and leafy Melbourne suburb of Glen Iris, Korowa was founded to create an outstanding educational experience for girls, and today, offers a full range of facilities to support students in all areas of learning and co-curricular activities. An open entry, progressive girls’ school, Korowa values diversity and continues to build on its history whist honouring its Anglican heritage.
Reporting to the Director of Business, the Finance Manager holds a significant leadership position in the School and is responsible for managing the day-to-day financial operations of the School including preparation of end-of-period reports, annual budgets end of year audit, preparation of regulatory and government funding submissions, provision of financial analysis and advice and management of the finance team.
The primary purpose of the role is to provide operational financial leadership for the effective administration and day-to-day management of Korowa Anglican Girls School.
The successful candidate will meet the following criteria:
- Qualified Accountant (CA or CPA or significant progress towards admission) and have appropriate tertiary qualifications.
- Demonstrated success in financial reporting, budgeting, forecasting, planning and monitoring.
- Highly effective administrative and decision-making skills
- Proficiency with relevant computerised accounting packages including and not limited to Synergetic and proficiency in Microsoft Excel Word and PowerPoint an advantage
- Highly numerate with first-class analytical skills and the ability to oversee the development of financial plans.
- Demonstrable experience of leading a finance team, including performance management and development of staff.
- Strong interpersonal skills with effective working relationships with peers, parents, staff and suppliers.
Korowa Anglican Girls School has a zero tolerance of all forms of child abuse and has policies and processes in place to protect students. All staff are responsible for understanding and adhering to the policies and associated guidelines. Employment will be subject to a satisfactory Working with Children Check and National Criminal Record Check.
A remuneration package reflecting the level of skill and experience brought to the position will be negotiated with the successful candidate.
The successful applicant will enter into an executive contract for a period of three years with an option to renew based on mutual agreement and subject to satisfactory performance appraisals. The performance appraisals will be conducted annually by the Director of Business.
Korowa Anglican Girls’ School has engaged Hutton Consulting Australia to assist with the search and selection process for this position. For a confidential discussion regarding the application process and to obtain the complete position description, please contact Rob Sieben on 0408 083 083 or email email@example.com.
Do not apply online.
Applications should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org and must include a full cover letter (1 page), supporting documentation addressing the Selection Criteria outlined in the position description (maximum 2 pages), a detailed curriculum vitae and the contact details of three professional referees.
Closing date for applications is Sunday 2nd May, 2021 at 5:00pm.