- Permanent role
- Applications close: Monday 24 October, 2022 at 5:00pm
Ballarat Grammar School invites applications from qualified, diligent and proactive finance professionals for the role of Finance Manager, commencing in November 2022 or by negotiation.
Ballarat Grammar is one of regional Australia’s leading co-educational schools with a proud history dating back to 1877 and a flourishing community of over 1,750 students from 6 months to Year 12, including around 250 boarders. With three campuses, an extensive range of first-class facilities and a range of challenging and diverse programs, we provide rich opportunities for our students to learn to thrive. The ‘essence of Grammar’ is based on wellbeing and is about fostering aspiration, to lead healthy, well-rounded lives as responsible learners who actively contribute to their world.
Reporting to the Director of Finance and then to the Business Manager, the primary focus of this position is to manage the timely and accurate processing and reporting of all financial matters pertaining to Ballarat Grammar. The key areas of responsibility for this role include Financial & Tax processing, payroll & reporting, auditing. The Finance Manager will be a proven team player who effectively leads a small team of Finance staff – including the Accountant, Junior Accountant, Senior Payroll Officer and the Finance Assistants.
Specifically, the successful candidate will address the following selection criteria, ideally within a school environment:
Significant experience in:
- processing financial transactions, and using IT systems
- leading a team, delegation of tasks and building a culture of continuous improvement, innovation, best practice and efficient operations.
- budgeting and financial management processes including working with Boards and/or Committees.
Demonstrated ability to:
- analyse and problem solve, including interpreting complex technical matters such as policies and legislation
- maintain confidentiality, to the highest level.
- work autonomously and positively even when under pressure,
- communicate effectively when handling complex and sensitive matters collaboratively
- Commerce, Accounting, or equivalent fields at a Tertiary level.
- First Aid Certificate, including CPR, Asthma and Anaphylaxis Management.
Ballarat Grammar is committed to child safety. As such, the successful applicant will be expected to satisfy child protection screening and adhere to the School’s Child Safe Policy and Code of Conduct.
Hutton Consulting Australia is partnering with Ballarat Grammar in the search and selection process for this position. For a confidential discussion, all enquiries regarding the application process and requests for the full position description, please contact, Chris Menagé on 0427 703 483 or email firstname.lastname@example.org or Darren Roylett 0488 001 064 or email@example.com.
DO NOT APPLY DIRECTLY ONLINE.
Applications close at 5.00pm Monday 24 October 2022