Aspirational and capable senior leaders in schools enable high-quality educational outcomes and rejuvenation and growth within the leadership team. As internal and external leadership opportunities arise, candidates are required to have professional and targeted application letters, professional curriculum vitae and an articulate and engaging interview presence.
What Hutton Consulting Offers
Hutton Consulting provides a comprehensive and affirming process, preparing and coaching senior leaders to maximise their interview presence in the lead up to application and interview. This involves:
- review and revision of curriculum vitae in alignment with the AITSL Standards for School Principals and Leaders;
- review of letters of application and concise response to key selection criteria
- formal interview practice, aligning questions with the AITSL Standards for School Principals and school leaders and;
- comprehensive personalised feedback
The most recentPrincipal Health and Wellbeing Survey found that Principals across government and non-government schools are under considerable performance stress. It is crucial that Principals respond proactively to this level of stress in themselves and in their team.
Part of a leader’s responsibilities require that she/he takes control of their own and their leadership team’s health and wellbeing and professional growth. By engaging with trustworthy, qualified, confidential and experienced coaches and mentors, leaders initiate a positive culture and model the importance of utilising leadership coaching and support.
What Hutton Consulting Offers
- Regular personalised sessions for the Principal/leader to support them in their role, drawing on Hutton Consulting’s extensive leadership experiences to guide critical thinking for positive outcomes;
- Senior educational consultants work informally with the Principal / leader as a sounding-board, an encourager, a confidante, coach, mentor and professional friend;
- The Principal/leader has access to skilled, confidential and independent third-party educators, allowing a non-judgemental, yet professional and expert, resource.
‘Senior Consultants from Hutton Consulting make it easy for me to express my feelings, relay experiences and seek advice. I am supported to feel vulnerable or to trumpet my successes without fear of judgement! Experienced educational consultants listen and allow me to reflect on my practice. Their advice is sound and balanced and suggestive rather than instructional. I recommend this service to all new and experienced Principals.’
‘Having the opportunity to discuss a broad range of topics with an experienced leader was beneficial as well as having a coach to challenge one’s thinking. Topics discussed included strategic planning, improving school and staff capacity and establishing a Foundation.’
‘Thank you Fiona, for being such a wonderful source of guidance and support throughout the last few months. You have been so generous with your time and in particular, your thoughtful feedback has enabled me to learn and grow enormously. I want you to know that you’ve had an incredible impact on me as an emerging leader in education and I couldn’t be more grateful for your mentorship.’
Schools operate in a highly competitive and dynamic environment where Principals, Heads and leaders are required to be highly knowledgeable, intuitive, personable, innovative, adaptive to change and strategic in their thinking.
The School Leadership Review process allows leaders to celebrate strengths, identify areas requiring development, establish measurable and achievable goals and set identifiable priorities as benchmarked against the Australian Institute for Teaching and School Leadership (AITSL) Professional Standards for Principals and School Leaders.
What Hutton Consulting offers
The Hutton Consulting 3600 Principal Appraisal Tool Kit is a three-stage process contextualised for use by Boards, Principals, Deputy Principals and Senior Leadership Teams / Executive in schools for developmental insight.
360° surveying and
collation of information
Post Survey Reviews,
Interviews and Reporting
‘I thoroughly enjoyed the process. The process was rigorous and I appreciated the feedback.’
Your next step in leadership search starts with us