- Permanent role
- Applications close: Monday 21st May, 2021 at 5:00 pm
Catholic School Parents SA (CSPSA) is seeking an exceptional and dynamic leader of people, with strong values and beliefs rooted firmly in Catholic principles, to lead it into the next phase of its development.
Catholic School Parents SA is affiliated with Catholic School Parents Australia (CSPA), the national body representing and advocating for the parents of children and young people who attend Catholic Schools across Australia.
Catholic School Parents Australia:
- Advocates for families with children and young people in all Australian Catholic schools;
- Represents these families to education authorities such as NCEC and ACARA and state and federal governments;
- Supports and provides national leadership to the State and Territory Catholic parent bodies who work with Catholic schools;
- Consults and collaborates with the National Catholic Education Commission (NCEC), the Australian Catholic Primary Principals Association (ACPPA) and Catholic Secondary Principals Australia (CaSPA) in all matters pertaining to parents as partners in Catholic education; and
- Works with such agencies as the Australian government, the Australian Research Alliance for Children and Youth (ARACY) and various universities to support, explore and promote Parent Engagement as an influence on student learning and wellbeing.
Catholic School Parents SA plays an advocacy role for the parents and carers of children and young people attending Catholic Schools in South Australia and supports a variety of education and related support services that benefit the learning of all children.
The Executive Officer will:
- build relationship with Government and key media outlets promoting CSPSA as the authoritative parent voice on issues for Catholic school families in South Australia
- promote effective practices of parent engagement for student learning and wellbeing with all agencies of education
- promote ways in which parents might better understand the development of Catholic identity and faith formation in schools
- maintain and where necessary implement effective governance structures
- maintain peak body status through proactive and experienced engagement on key issues
The role involves significant interaction with parents in a range of situations and requires the incumbent to have a knowledge of and authentic commitment to parental engagement as central to education reform and to Catholic education in particular.
Working strategically and collaboratively with key stakeholders in Education and specifically Catholic Education in South Australia, the Executive Officer will actively promote the empowerment of Catholic school parents as key stakeholders in the education of young people.
Catholic Education South Australia (CESA) has engaged Hutton Consulting Australia to assist with the search and selection process for this position. For a confidential discussion regarding the application process and to obtain the candidate information pack, please contact Rob Sieben on 0408 083 083 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close on Monday 21st June 2021 at 5:00 pm