- Permanent role
- Applications close: Sunday September 25, 2022 at 5:00pm.
Established nearly 120 years ago, Trinity Grammar School is an independent Anglican day and boarding school for boys, located in Kew in Melbourne. At Trinity, every student is valued with an understanding that every educational journey is unique. On the path from early childhood learning to high school graduation, the School strives to help students discover and develop their passions and inspire them to find their resilience as they encounter challenges along the way. With enviable academic results and through the Coordinate Program with Ruyton Girls’ School, Trinity students are also able to extend their studies and their minds in a co-educational learning environment.
The primary purpose of the position is to drive a strategic, collaborative and research-based approach to the improvement of student learning outcomes and pathway opportunities for all students. The person appointed to the role of Director of Teaching and Learning will be afforded the exciting opportunity to drive the provision of the highest quality teaching and learning program through leadership excellence, effective teacher practice and staff collaboration across our School.
The Director of Teaching and Learning works in partnership with the Director of Innovative Learning to source and disseminate contemporary educational research to staff, students and parents and looks to drive a culture of best practice in relation to high impact strategies for student learning growth. The role also oversees pathways for students including the subject offerings and the subject selection process.
As a member of the Senior Leadership Team the role reports to the Principal and the Deputy Principal – Head of Senior School and is supported by the Deputy Director of Teaching and Learning. They also collaborate closely with the Head of the Junior School and Deputy Head of Junior School – Learning and Innovation to ensure a one-school approach to teaching and learning and the associated policies, protocols and professional learning.
The preferred candidate will be a dynamic, people focused leader, with exceptional knowledge of current trends in education, learning technologies and innovation and an ability to inspire the community towards what is possible. They will demonstrate the capacity to;
- Promote and enable the strategic vision for the School
- Provide strategic leadership in the realisation of contemporary and innovative teaching and learning
- Inspire a positive, collaborative and professional learning culture, enhancing the capacity of middle leaders and staff
- Develop high performing teams, motivated to contribute to the continued growth of the School
- Contextualise emerging trends in educational theory, learning theory, curriculum design, learning technologies, assessment and methodologies
- Oversee and monitor the processes and policies for teaching, learning, assessment and student data
- Build networks, internal and external, to facilitate learning and opportunities for all stakeholders
Trinity Grammar School is committed to child safety. As such, the successful applicant will be expected to satisfy child protection screening and adhere to the School’s Child Safe Policy and Code of Conduct.
Trinity Grammar School has engaged Hutton Consulting Australia to assist with the search and selection process for this position. For a confidential discussion regarding the application process and to obtain the candidate information pack, please contact Dr Amanda Samson email@example.com on 0433 356 911.
Please ONLY APPLY directly to Hutton Consulting Australia. Only suitably qualified applicants will be contacted.
Applications close: 5.00pm Sunday 25 September 2022.