Located in the heart of Kew, Melbourne, Genazzano FCJ College is Victoria’s only Catholic all-girls’ boarding school. Inspired by the spirit of St Ignatius (founder of the Jesuits), the Faithful Companions of Jesus (FCJ) continue the work of Jesus, through a learning community that embraces the talents, potential and dignity of each person.
Genazzano is a non-selective entry school. The students are located on a single campus which offers both Primary and Secondary students easy access to specialised facilities. A co-educational Early Learning Centre (ELC) for three and four year old children instils the joys of learning and discovery through the Reggio Emilia approach, supported by the FCJ framework.
The Director of School Services reports to the Principal, is a member of the Executive Team, is an ex-officio member of the Council fulfils the role of Company Secretary. The Director of School Services has responsibility for the business operations functions which support the School including Finance, Administration, Food Services, ICT, Property Services, Human Resources, Marketing and Enrolments.
The primary purpose of the role is to provide strategic and operational financial leadership for the effective administration and day-to-day management of Genazzano FCJ College by:
- working with the Principal as part of the Leadership Team and other stakeholders to implement financial changes within the College
- keeping within the financial budgets and adhering to best practice, policies, processes and legislation
- developing financial structures which support and enhance the educational aims of the College
- providing adequate, timely and appropriate advice to allow the Principal to make informed decisions relating to the management of the whole College.
The successful candidate will have the ability and proven experience to:
- Play an active role in the development and implementation of the current and future strategies and objectives, ensuring that the College makes the best use of its resources including consideration of financial implications of initiatives
- Work with the Principal and Council to provide strong and sustainable long-term financial management of the School, including development of financial strategies and goals
- Ensure effective risk management practices including Occupational Health and Safety, disaster recovery, employment law and third-party contract management
- Lead and manage all business operations of the College, ensuring that legislative and regulatory requirements are met
- Promote a strong working relationship between teaching and support staff to deliver strong outcomes for students, staff and the School community
- Encourage and maintain a climate of quality and excellence within the School and develop collaborative relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Model a positive approach to change.
Genazzano FCJ College has a zero tolerance of all forms of child abuse and actively works to listen to and empower students. The College has policies and processes in place to protect students from abuse and takes all allegations and concerns seriously and responds in accordance with its policies and procedures.
Staff must adhere to the following:
- The Staff Code of Conduct, and any other policies or procedures relating to child safety
- Assist in the provision of a child-safe environment for students
- Demonstrate duty of care to students in relation to their physical and mental wellbeing.
A remuneration package reflecting the level of skill and experience brought to the position will be negotiated with the successful candidate.
The successful candidate will enter into an executive contract for a period of five years with an option to renew based on mutual agreement and subject to satisfactory performance appraisals.
To Enquire and Apply:
Genazzano FCJ College has engaged Hutton Consulting Australia to assist with the search and selection process for this position. For a confidential discussion regarding the application process and to obtain a candidate information pack, please contact Rob Sieben on 0408 083 083 or email email@example.com or Fiona Hutton via email firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications must include a full cover letter (1 page), supporting documentation addressing the Selection Criteria outlined in the candidate information pack (maximum 2 pages), a detailed curriculum vitae and the contact details of three professional referees.
Closing date for applications is Tuesday 6th April 2021 at 5:00pm.