- Permanent role
- Applications close: Saturday 30 April, 2022 at 5:00 pm
Scotch College is one of the leading independent day and boarding schools in Australia. Founded in 1851 by James Forbes, who was influenced by the thinkers of the Scottish Enlightenment, Scotch College has been educating boys for longer than any other school in Victoria. It has a rich history, underpinned by timeless Christian values which anchor its educational leadership and strong academic record.
This role aims to ensure Scotch College has leading-edge risk, compliance and governance systems to manage and oversee its risks.
The Director of Risk and Compliance will play the lead role in improving, reporting, overseeing and embedding risk and compliance across Scotch College by:
- Ensuring that the school manages risk effectively through the continued development, implementation, maintenance and review of its governance and risk management framework and systems.
- Ensuring that effective compliance systems are in place to meet all legislative, VRQA, other regulatory and policy requirements
- Engaging with the School Executive, School Council and Risk Committee, as well as a range of staff on risk and compliance matters.
Strong working knowledge of risk management, compliance and governance frameworks is essential. The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate experience with the development, refinement, implementation and embedding of strategic risk and compliance systems.
The Director of Risk and Compliance will be an experienced professional, with tertiary qualifications within a relevant field (Law, Commerce, or Risk Management) and be a strong communicator, able to:
- Advise on and assist in the development, review and implementation of the School’s Risk Management Framework and Strategy
- Further develop analysis and strategic reporting for Executive and Council of risks, incidents, near misses and complaints data, including the identification of trends, emerging and significant issues
- Review, develop and implement systems, policies, procedures and tools to appropriately manage risk and advise and manage the School’s response to health orders and feedback
- Manage and embed the School’s Risk Registers and other systems as living tools across the school, including training and development at departmental level and leading ongoing review at a strategic level
- Work with identified risk owners across the school to manage and control risks
- Develop and provide training for all staff as required, in conjunction with the Director of HR Services
Scotch College is committed to child safety. As such, the successful applicant will be expected to satisfy child protection screening and adhere to the school’s Child Safe Policy and Code of Conduct.
Scotch College has engaged Hutton Consulting Australia to assist with the search and selection process for this position. Do Not Apply Directly Online. For a confidential discussion regarding the application process and to obtain the candidate information pack please contact Mark Sowden on 0421 707 996 or by email on email@example.com
Applications close Saturday 30th April 2022 at 5:00 pm