- Permanent role
- Applications close: Sunday 25 September, 2022 at 5:00pm
The Hester Hornbrook Academy (HHA) does school differently. Recognising that mainstream education is not suitable for all young people, HHA sees potential – not problems. HHA staff are courageous, curious, open, accountable and, importantly, work together to empower students to access a range of choices and opportunities to reconnect with their learning journey and take charge of their future.
The Director of Operations is an executive role that provides leadership, direction, and support in the design and implementation of optimal strategies, systems and processes for all aspects of operations across all HHA campuses. The successful candidate will exhibit the highest level of executive decision-making and communication skills, preferably in a school context, with a sophisticated ability to relate effectively with a diverse range of professional staff (teachers/trainers, youth workers and educational support staff) and external stakeholders to ensure all facets of strategy and logistics in conducting school operations run smoothly. The role will be based at HHA’s South Melbourne campus with travel required across other campuses as HHA operates from multiple locations across Melbourne.
This ongoing, full-time position attracts a competitive remuneration allowance and salary packaging and has an anticipated start date of January 2023. The successful candidate will be a dynamic and collaborative leader, with qualifications in Education, Social Work or Business able to:
- Support the implementation of strategic initiatives in education and training, in line with educational strategic plans.
- Collaborate with the leadership team to understand, support and drive positive improvements in the educational and wellbeing outcome of young people in Special Assistance School environment.
- Demonstrate experience in management and/or leadership experience in the education and/or community services sector, with the proven ability to lead others and achieve strategic outcomes.
- Relate effectively with a diverse range of professional staff (teachers/trainers, youth workers and educational support staff) and external stakeholders.
- Demonstrate capacity to operate in a school environment, work flexibly, manage competing demands and to work as part of a team.
The Hester Hornbrook Academy is committed to child safety. As such, the successful applicant will be expected to satisfy child protection screening and adhere to the School’s Child Safe Policy and Code of Conduct.
Hutton Consulting Australia has been engaged to assist with the search and selection process for this position. For a confidential discussion, all enquiries regarding the application process and requests for the full position description, please contact Chris Menagé on 0427 703 483 or email firstname.lastname@example.org or Dr Amanda Samson on 0433 356 911 or email email@example.com.
Please do not apply directly online – all applications must be directed to the search consultants.
Applications close at 5pm on Sunday 25 September 2022.