Loreto College, (Adelaide) seeks a contemporary Director of Mission to lead the Loreto charism in all aspects of college life.
Located in an inner eastern suburb of Adelaide, Loreto College, Marryatville is a leading independent early learning to Year 12 boarding school for girls, situated 4 kms from the City Centre. Being at the forefront of values-based education, Loreto schools encapsulate the beliefs and spirit of Mary Ward in delivering an education which inspires strong, passionate and confident girls and young women. All Loreto schools in Australia share the same set of values: freedom, justice, sincerity, verity and felicity. These values are at the heart of our educational philosophy and shape our identity as a school.
Loreto College is seeking a Director of Mission to join the College Leadership Team. The Director of Mission will be a leader who is contemporary in their faith and who will oversee all components of Catholic identity and mission at Loreto. We are seeking applications from creative and experienced leaders with highly effective communication skills able to recontextualise the Catholic faith to engage the student population.
In consultation with the Principal, the Director of Mission is responsible for leading and advising in the areas of spirituality and liturgy, immersions, social justice, and service learning across the college community. This includes working with the Missions Team to develop a program of Liturgies and Masses across the college and providing leadership to the Leaders of Religious Education in all areas of curriculum, assessment, reporting and teaching and learning.
Commencing in Term 1, 2022 this role has a small teaching load and is directly reportable to the Principal.
To be successful you will bring:
- Demonstrated understanding of, interest in and commitment to the Catholic philosophy and ethos of the College and the Loreto Mission
- Ability to articulate a clear vision for Mission as being essential to all aspects of the College community
- Demonstrated ability in teaching a contemporary Religious Education curriculum
- A demonstrated commitment to building sustained relationships with students, staff, parents and the wider community
- Demonstrated interest in the promotion of the education of girls, in designing programs and activities that are in line with current research and practice in girls’ education
- A commitment to ongoing professional learning and staff professional development
- A sense of humour, a positive mindset and ability to support the pastoral care practices of the College
The successful candidate will:
- hold relevant tertiary and post graduate qualifications and/or experience related to the leadership responsibility required by the position
- be eligible to be registered to teach in South Australia and hold a current South Australian Teacher’s Registration Board Certificate or State based teacher registration
Loreto College is committed to child safety. As such, the successful applicant will be expected to satisfy child protection screening and adhere to the College’s Child Safe Policy and Code of Conduct.
To Enquire and Apply:
Loreto College has engaged Hutton Consulting Australia to assist with the search and selection process for this position. For a Candidate Information pack, a confidential discussion or enquiries regarding the application process, please contact Fiona Hutton 0499 000 973 or email@example.com or Rob Sieben 0408 083 083 or firstname.lastname@example.org
PLEASE DO NOT APPLY DIRECTLY ON-LINE
Applications must include a full cover letter addressing the Key Selection Criteria (maximum 2 pages), a detailed curriculum vitae (maximum 4 pages) and the contact details of three professional referees.
Closing date: Friday 21st May, 5:00pm, 2021