- Permanent role
- Applications close: Monday 14 February, 2022 at 5:00 pm
St Michael’s Grammar School is seeking an innovative and strategic Director of Learning Technologies & ICT.
Located in the vibrant suburb of St Kilda, St Michael’s Grammar School (St Michael’s) is one of the leading K-12, co-educational schools in Australia, respected for its exceptional educational offering, wellbeing programs and deep commitment to innovative approaches to teaching, learning and caring. St Michael’s is a place where creative, inquiring minds learn from, with and for the world. At St Michael’s our students are at the heart of a learning ecosystem designed to cultivate strong foundations in key areas of learning, creative and flexible problem-solving, independent thinking, effective collaboration and collective wellbeing.
The School is seeking an innovative and driven leader who will be a key advisor to the School regarding current needs, changes and trends in technology and managing all technology planning and strategic initiatives as they impact learning, administration, and communication. This role enables and supports the technical requirements which enable effective teaching, learning and caring and administration. Managing and integrating services in information management and technology. In conjunction with the School Leadership Team and through the ICT Steering Committee, the Director ensures effective deployment, management and use of technology in teaching, learning and caring and in the fulfilment of the School’s Strategic Direction.
The key purpose of the role is to lead the strategic approach to the use of learning technologies across the school and lead the ICT team to ensure effective operations of the system and services.
The successful candidate will be an enthusiastic, self-directed leader, with tertiary qualification in teaching, post graduate qualifications in relevant fields and current VIT registration, able to:
- Demonstrate relevant experience in a similar position is well regarded with demonstrated success in a leadership role
- Champion and lead a collaborative K-12 learning environment with respect to the integration of learning technologies and information skills
- Actively research and advise on state, national and international changes and trends in practices within learning technologies
- Lead and develop strategic and operational aspects of the area
- Collaborate with curriculum leaders to develop an effective and collaborative approach to managing the subject areas, encouraging the sharing of ideas and feedback
- Work with the ICT team to ensure the effective operations of the computer network systems and services
- Act as an internal consultant by providing technical knowledge and understanding to support the programs
St Michael’s Grammar School is committed to child safety. As such, the successful applicant will be expected to satisfy child protection screening and adhere to the School’s Child Safe Policy and Code of Conduct. These documents may be downloaded from the School’s website.
All staff at St Michael’s must:
- Demonstrate and ensure compliance at all times with the School’s Child Safety Policy and Child Safety Code of Conduct and complete regular training in Child Safety standards
- Promote the safety and wellbeing of children and young people to whom we provide services
- Ensure that your interactions with children and young people are positive and safe
- Provide adequate care and supervision of children and young people in your charge
- Act as a positive role model for children and young people
St Michael’s Grammar School has engaged Hutton Consulting Australia to assist with the search and selection process for this position. For a confidential discussion, enquiries regarding the application process and requests for the full position description, please contact Mark Sowden firstname.lastname@example.org Tel. 0421 707 996
Please do not apply directly online. Candidates must request the application details
Applications close: Monday February 14 , 2022 at 5pm