- Permanent role
- Applications close: Monday 9th August, 2021 at 5:00pm.
Located in an inner eastern suburb of Adelaide, Loreto College, Marryatville is a leading independent early learning to Year 12 boarding school for girls, situated 4 kms from the City Centre. Being at the forefront of values-based education, Loreto schools encapsulate the beliefs and spirit of Mary Ward in delivering an education which inspires strong, passionate and confident girls and young women.
Loreto College has an exciting opportunity for a Director of Learning Analytics and Technology R-12 to join the College Leadership Team and be responsible for developing and implementing a strategic vision in all areas of learning analytics and technology as well as enhancing student and staff agency when engaging with existing and emerging technologies. We are seeking applications from dynamic and experienced leaders who can support the College’s strategic vision and values, beginning their next leadership journey from the commencement of 2022.
In consultation with the Principal, the Director of Learning Analytics and Technology R-12 is responsible for the strategic leadership and management of learning analytics and technology across the College. With a firm focus on the education of girls, the Director of Learning Analytics and Technology R-12 will demonstrate a thorough knowledge and understanding of educational theory and practice and will use this to lead all teachers in the delivery of best pedagogical practice and innovative curriculum design. The Director of Learning Analytics and Technology R-12 will have an excellent understanding of and be skilled in the use of technology in delivering an innovative approach to educational outcomes.
The Director of Learning Analytics and Technology R-12 is responsible for raising student academic achievement through the review and analysis of data and should use this to inform decisions leading to best practice. In addition, the Director of Learning Analytics and Technology R-12 is responsible for leading a process of continual improvement in the areas of learning analytics and the use of technology at the College, thus ensuring that Loreto remains at the forefront of education, building upon the College’s long-standing tradition of academic excellence.
The Director of Learning Analytics and Technology R-12 is part of the College Leadership Team and reports to the Principal with whom she/he works in close collaboration.
To be successful you will bring:
- a high capacity to lead self and others in the collaborative delivery of innovation, curriculum, teaching and learning
- excellent skills in communicating to staff, students and parents through the gathering and delivery of information
- a high capacity in developing others in their professional growth
- excellent planning and organisational skills, demonstrating the ability to balance resources, timelines and priorities to achieve objectives
- excellent skills in problem solving and decision making, including the ability to analyse, identify solutions, and make appropriate decisions
- a high capacity to lead effective teams in achieving common goals, objectives and outcomes
- an ongoing commitment to learning and self-development, particularly in relation to learning analytics, technology, teaching and learning, and girls’ education
- a commitment to the work of Mary Ward and the ability to give spiritual leadership.
The successful candidate will:
- hold relevant tertiary and post graduate qualifications and/or experience related to the leadership responsibility required by the position
- be eligible to be registered to teach in South Australia and hold a current South Australian Teacher’s Registration Board Certificate
Loreto College is committed to child safety. As such, the successful applicant will be expected to satisfy child protection screening and adhere to the College’s Child Safe Policy and Code of Conduct.
Loreto College has engaged Hutton Consulting Australia to assist with the search and selection process for this position. For a full position description, a confidential discussion or enquiries regarding the application process, please contact Darren Roylett 0488 001 064 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications must include a full cover letter addressing the Key Selection Criteria (maximum 2 pages), a detailed curriculum vitae (maximum 4 pages) and the contact details of three professional referees.
Closing date: Monday 9th August, 2021