- Permanent role
- Applications close: Monday 31st May, 2021 at 5:00 pm
St Andrew’s School is seeking a Director of Inclusive Education with the pedagogical understanding to achieve quality learning outcomes for students.
Known for providing excellence in education from playgroup through to early years and on to Year 6, St Andrew’s School is an International Baccalaureate School and a UNESCO Associated School located in inner suburban Walkerville, SA.
The School has a rich history of tradition, whilst leading an integrated and contemporary approach to teaching, learning and wellbeing, resulting in consistently high academic results. At its core lies the internationally recognised pedagogical framework of the IB Primary Years Programme, which aims to develop articulate young people who take responsibility for their learning, engage with the world through active inquiry, and demonstrate responsible citizenship.
The School provides an inclusive learning environment which recognises and supports the diverse needs of every child. All students are valued and supported to fully participate, learn, develop and succeed within this inclusive school culture.
The Director of Inclusive Education will work closely with the Deputy Principal – Learning and Teaching to facilitate collaboration and professional learning to improve staff knowledge of the pedagogical strategies required to support the learning needs of all students including:
- Students with the potential for high achievement
- Students who are twice exceptional
- Students with specific learning difficulties
- Students with disabilities
The successful candidate will:
- Have a deep pedagogical understanding of advanced theory and best practice for students with diverse learning needs
- Possess proven ability to be a visible, accessible leader who possesses exceptional communication and interpersonal skills to foster successful partnerships with key stakeholders including staff, families and external providers
- Demonstrate the capacity to lead with an emphasis on inclusivity, and creating a safe and nurturing environment across the whole School
- Demonstrate collaborative leadership to inspire and support a team of Learning Support Teachers and Learning Support Assistants to achieve quality learning outcomes for students with complex learning and welfare needs
- Establish and sustain consistent and systematic processes to support a positive culture and continuity of learning for all students across transition points.
Relevant tertiary and post-graduate qualifications in inclusive or special education is a requirement.
The St Andrew’s School community promotes the safety, wellbeing and inclusion of all children.
To Enquire and Apply:
St Andrew’s School has engaged Hutton Consulting Australia to assist with the search and selection process for this position. For a confidential discussion regarding the application process and to obtain the position information description, please contact Rob Sieben on 0408 083 083 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications must include a cover letter (1 page), supporting document addressing the Selection Criteria outlined in the candidate information pack (maximum 2 pages) and a detailed curriculum vitae with the contact details of three professional referees.
Closing date for applications is Monday 31st May 2021 at 5:00pm.