St Andrew’s School is an independent co-educational specialist Primary School located in suburban Walkerville, SA. The School is seeking a dynamic, relational and skilled Director of Finance.
Known for providing excellence in education from playgroup through to early years and on to Year 6, St Andrew’s School is an International Baccalaureate School and a UNESCO Associated School located in inner suburban Walkerville, SA. St Andrew’s provides specialist co-educational primary education in an environment that encourages inquiry and creativity.
The Director of Finance will partner with internal and external stakeholders to deliver financial management, analysis and decision support and manages the operational financial team consisting of Manager of Financial and Support Services, Accounts Receivable Officer and Payroll/Accounts Payable Officer.
The Director of Finance works closely with the Executive Leadership to provide financial leadership for the effective administration and day-to-day management of St Andrew’s School by:
- managing the end-to-end elements of the School’s financial operations
- preparing annual budgets, monthly expenditure reports and cashflow forecasts
- ensuring budgets are effectively managed, variances are analysed, and risks are mitigated or minimised
- providing adequate, timely and appropriate financial advice to allow the Principal to make informed decisions relating to the management of the School.
- ensuring financial risks, issues and opportunities are appropriately identified, reported and managed
The School has a zero tolerance of all forms of child abuse and actively works to listen to and empower students. The School has policies and processes in place to protect students from abuse and takes all allegations and concerns seriously and responds in accordance with its policies and procedures.
Staff must adhere to the following:
- The Staff Code of Conduct, and any other policies or procedures relating to child safety
- Assist in the provision of a child-safe environment for students
- Demonstrate duty of care to students in relation to their physical and mental wellbeing.
A remuneration package reflecting the level of skill and experience brought to the position will be negotiated with the successful candidate.
The successful candidate will enter into an executive contract with an option to renew based on mutual agreement and subject to satisfactory performance appraisals.
To Enquire and Apply:
St Andrew’s School has engaged Hutton Consulting Australia to assist with the search and selection process for this position. For a confidential discussion regarding the application process and to obtain a candidate information pack, please contact Rob Sieben on 0408 083 083 or email firstname.lastname@example.org or Darren Roylett via email@example.com
Applications must include a full cover letter addressing the Selection Criteria outlined in the candidate information pack (maximum 2 pages), a detailed curriculum vitae (maximum 8 pages) and the contact details of three professional referees.
Closing date for applications is Friday 22nd October 2021 at 5:00pm.