- Permanent role
- Applications close: Monday 12th April, 2021 at 5.00pm.
Genazzano FCJ College (VIC) is seeking a dynamic, inspirational and relational leader of its Reggio Emelia inspired coeducational ELC.
Located in the heart of Kew, Melbourne, Genazzano FCJ College is Victoria’s only Catholic all-girls’ boarding school. Inspired by the spirit of St Ignatius (founder of the Jesuits), the Faithful Companions of Jesus (FCJ) continue the work of Jesus, through a learning community that embraces the talents, potential and dignity of each person.
Genazzano is a non-selective entry school. The students are located on a single campus which offers both Primary and Secondary students easy access to specialised facilities. A co-educational Early Learning Centre (ELC) for three and four year old children instils the joys of learning and discovery through the Reggio Emilia approach, supported by the FCJ framework. Strong partnerships with families are valued and developed.
With a negotiated start, the Director of ELC will be a key member of the Junior School Leadership team, reporting directly to the Head of Junior School. The Director of ELC is responsible for leading the design, implementation and ongoing review of a pedagogical framework inspired by the Reggio Emilia philosophy and incorporating foundational literacy and numeracy to prepare children for a successful transition to school. The position is responsible for the day to day running and operational planning of the ELC, including the leadership of a team of seven educators and co-educators.
Key Selection Criteria
- A highly effective teacher with experience as a Team Leader or Director in an Early Childhood setting
- Proven experience as a Reggio Emilia educator
- Organisational capacity to oversee the day-to-day management of the ELC
- An excellent communicator with outstanding interpersonal skills to effectively engage with a range of internal and external community stakeholders
- Innovative educator who supports the growth of self, staff and students as learners and leaders, building a continuous learning culture
- An authentic commitment to the Catholic mission and values of Genazzano FCJ College
- Relevant tertiary degree and teaching qualifications in education and hold current registration as an Early Childhood teacher with Victorian Institute of Teaching
Genazzano FCJ College is committed to creating and maintaining a child safe environment in which all students, including Aboriginal children and students with a disability, feel safe and are safe. The College actively promotes the safety and wellbeing of all students and all staff members are committed to protecting students from abuse or harm in the College environment, in accordance with their legal obligations including child safe standards. A condition of employment is that staff are deemed to be persons suitable to work with children. Genazzano FCJ College has a Child Safe Policy and a Child Safety Code of Conduct. All staff members of the school are subject to and expected to comply with the Child Safe Policy and the Child Safety Code of Conduct.
Genazzano FCJ College has engaged Hutton Consulting Australia to assist with the search and selection process for this position. All candidates will require an application pack from us. DO NOT APPLY DIRECTLY ONLINE.
For a confidential discussion regarding the application process and to obtain further details, please contact the lead consultant Aine Maher 0457 521 228 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close: 5:00pm, Monday, 12 April 2021