- Permanent role
- Applications close: Friday, 7th February, 2020 at 5.00pm
Musica Viva In Schools (MVIS) is a major contributor to the broader mission and work of Musica Viva Australia, the country’s oldest national arts organisation with offices in most States and Territories.
This year, MVIS celebrates 40 years of impact in the country’s schools and has brought the joy and benefits of live music to millions of children. Every year, MVIS musicians (supported by a team of experts in our Sydney office) visit almost 300,000 children. The Musica Viva In Schools (MVIS) program combines transformative live performances in the classroom with extensive curriculum-aligned teaching resources and professional development opportunities for all teachers.
Musica Viva Australia is seeking a new Director of Education to continue broadening the reach and deepening the impact of MVIS programs. Based in the Sydney office, the Director of Education, will be passionate about engaging colleagues, teachers, schools, musicians, government, businesses and philanthropic stakeholders in MVIS. In close collaboration with your team, colleagues around the country and the artistic and executive leadership of the organisation, you will be committed to planning and delivering a high-quality, inclusive and accessible MVIS program, ensuring robust evaluation of the impact of our programs and exploring new and exciting education offerings aligned with current and emerging trends in education.
To be successful in this role you will be credited by colleagues and stakeholders as having the following skills and experience:
• Understanding of, and ability to persuasively express, the evidence and research base underpinning the impact of music education.
• Senior management experience in music education or an aligned field, particularly in program and/or policy design and implementation.
• Proven ability to successfully implement vision and business strategies from inception to conclusion including the capacity to effectively initiate, steer and implement change.
• A demonstrated understanding of business development and relationship management and the proven ability to increase community and brand awareness.
• Ability to effectively lead and manage a diverse team of professionals including proven ability to provide meaningful feedback and coaching for success/improvement.
• Eligibility for a Working with Children check.
• Evidence of highly developed emotional intelligence, self-awareness and a commitment to working in a team recognised as supportive, passionate and effective.
• A strong interest, or background/training in music (desirable).
Musica Viva is a flexible employer committed to equity and inclusion. The company welcomes applications from First Nations people and from diverse cultural and regional communities. They also welcome applications from people identifying as having a disability. If at any stage of the recruitment process you require any accommodation due to a disability please let the lead consultant know.
Musica Viva Australia has engaged Hutton Consulting to assist with the search and selection process for this position. For a confidential discussion regarding the application process and to obtain the full position description please contact Fiona Hutton on 0499 000 973 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications Close: Friday 7 February, 2020 at 5.00pm