- Permanent role
- Applications close: Monday 3 April 2023 at 5:00 pm
Scotch College is one of the leading independent day and boarding schools in Australia. Founded in 1851, Scotch College has been educating boys for longer than any other school in Victoria. It has a rich history, underpinned by timeless Christian values which anchor its educational leadership and strong academic record. Located in the heart of suburban Melbourne on 27 hectares flanked by the Yarra River and serving a current enrolment of almost 1,900 boys from the Preparatory year to Year 12, Scotch College provides a home not only for current students (including 160 boarders) and staff, but also for the broader ‘Scotch Family’ of parents and alumni.
As a Senior Leader, the Director of Communications and Marketing reports to the Director of Development, in close consultation with the Principal. The incumbent will lead an exciting College brand refresh project and work with the Executive Team to bring to life the vision, values, culture and strategic direction of the College.
Key aspects of the role include:
- Ensure Scotch College is strategically positioned within the national and international education market,
- Leading, developing and evaluating all aspects of the College’s public relations, communications and marketing strategies
- Ensuring all College key messaging adheres to the brand guidelines
- Leading and managing the communications and marketing team
- Tracking, analysis and reporting of all communications and marketing initiatives
- Oversee the development of communications and marketing collateral to assist School projects, events and campaigns, including fundraising activity
Key Selection criteria:
- Relevant tertiary qualification, and significant experience, in communications or marketing, and community engagement
- A highly motivated approach with the ability to operate at both strategic and operational levels
- A track record of developing, implementing and evaluating communications and marketing strategies
- Experience in brand management in the education sector, not-for-profit or educationally related organisations
- Evidence of consistent, effective and efficient project planning and delivery
- A sound understanding of emerging digital trends, communications and engagement landscape of education
The position of Director of Communications and Marketing is offered as a permanent position with an attractive renumeration package.
Scotch College has been accredited as a Safe School by the Australian Childhood Foundation. All applicants are required to provide referee, proof of identity and academic qualifications checks prior to employment.
Hutton Consulting Australia is partnering with Scotch College in the search and selection process for this position. For a confidential discussion regarding the application process and to obtain a candidate information pack, please contact the lead consultant: Mark Sowden, email: email@example.com or mobile 0421 707 996.
DO NOT APPLY DIRECTLY ONLINE.
Applications close at 5pm on Monday 3 April 2023