- Permanent role
- Applications close: Sunday 18 September, 2022 at 5:00pm
Bayview College is a vibrant, student centred, co-educational independent secondary college overlooking the beautiful Portland Bay, Victoria. As a Christian School, Bayview believes in re-contextualising faith today as that which is witnessed in the formative teaching of the heart and conscience so young people may go out and change society for the better. The College motto ‘To Believe, To Think, To Achieve’ reflects its proud tradition as a contemporary and innovative educational institution that provides a safe and inclusive environment centred around dialogue, understanding and action to lead the community in a process of deep learning, evaluation, and response to life. Located on the foreshore overlooking the Portland Harbour precinct, student learning takes place both within and beyond the school walls and is augmented by strategic partnerships.
The Director of Christian Identity and Culture is an integral member of the Executive team and is responsible for designing, leading, articulating and ensuring that the Faith and Values Curriculum is coherently developed from Year 7 to 12 to enact the College’s Vision, Mission, and Values. The Director works collaboratively with the Principal, College Board, Christian Identity Board Sub-committee, Executive Team, colleagues, and parents/care givers to facilitate the ongoing strategic development of a high quality contemporary Christian teaching and learning culture within the college community. This is an exciting opportunity for an applicant who sees the wonder in and potential of young people to affect positive change in their communities through an immersive faith based practice.
Commencing in Term 1, 2023 or by negotiation, the preferred candidate will have exceptional interpersonal skills with a demonstrated ability to build rapport and interact effectively with all stakeholders throughout the school community and beyond. With formal theological qualifications, active Church membership and experience as a senior leader, the successful candidate will have;
- A track record of building and mentoring highly effective teams
- Skills to develop, review and deliver school strategy and operational plans
- Ability to motivate and engage staff, students, and parents to ensure a climate of mutual respect, collaborative support and high expectations
- Effective management and monitoring of school administration and operations
- Excellent communication skills in a range of formal and informal settings
- Well-developed understanding of the developmental needs of adolescents and young adults
- An understanding of best practice in contemporary regulatory educational environment
- A willingness and ability to support the Christian ethos of the school
- Flexibility, adaptability and enthusiasm for a dynamic work environment in regional Victoria.
Bayview College is committed to child safety. As such, the successful applicant will be expected to satisfy child protection screening and adhere to the College’s Child Safe Policy and Code of Conduct.
Bayview College has engaged Hutton Consulting Australia to assist with the search and selection process for this position. For a confidential discussion, all enquiries regarding the application process and requests for the full position description, please contact Chris Menagé on 0427 703 483 or email firstname.lastname@example.org or Amanda Samson email@example.com.
PLEASE DO NOT APPLY DIRECTLY ON-LINE.
Applications close at 5pm on Sunday 18 September 2022.