- Permanent role
- Applications close: Monday 9th August, 2021 at 5:00pm.
Loreto College, Marryatville (Adelaide) seeks a dynamic and inspiring Director of Boarding who will be responsible for providing leadership of all aspects of the College’s boarding community.
Located in an inner eastern suburb of Adelaide, Loreto College, Marryatville is a leading independent early learning to Year 12 boarding school for girls, situated 4 kms from the City Centre. Being at the forefront of values-based education, Loreto schools encapsulate the beliefs and spirit of Mary Ward in delivering an education which inspires strong, passionate and confident girls and young women.
The College is offering an experienced, enthusiastic and innovative Director of Boarding an opportunity to lead a high functioning boarding community, commencing Term 1 2022.
In consultation with the Principal, the Director of Boarding is responsible for the strategic leadership and management of the College’s boarding program. With a firm focus on the education of girls, the Director of Boarding will demonstrate a thorough knowledge and understanding of residential programs and practice and will use this to lead all boarding staff in the delivery of best boarding practice.
To be successful you will bring:
- Experience in a boarding or residential environment
- An appreciation and understanding of what is needed to oversee a successful boarding school
- a high capacity to lead self and others in the delivery of boarding and initiatives
- excellent skills in communicating to staff, students and parents through the gathering and delivery of information
- a high capacity in developing others in their professional growth and their development
- excellent planning and organisational skills, demonstrating the ability to balance resources, timelines and priorities to achieve objectives
- excellent skills in problem solving and decision making, including the ability to analyse, identify solutions, and make appropriate decisions
- a high capacity to lead and work with others in achieving common goas, objectives and outcomes.
- an ongoing commitment to learning and self-development, particularly in relation to learning particularly in relation to boarding and girls’ education
- a commitment to, and a clear understanding of, the ethos of a Catholic School and the Loreto charism of Mary Ward
The successful candidate will:
- hold relevant tertiary and post graduate qualifications and/or experience related to the leadership responsibility required by the position
- preferably be eligible to be registered to teach in South Australia and hold a current South Australian Teacher’s Registration Board Certificate
Loreto College is committed to child safety. As such, the successful applicant will be expected to satisfy child protection screening and adhere to the College’s Child Safe Policy and Code of Conduct.
Loreto College has engaged Hutton Consulting Australia to assist with the search and selection process for this position. For a full position description, a confidential discussion or enquiries regarding the application process, please contact Darren Roylett 0488 001 064 or email@example.com
Applications must include a full cover letter addressing the Key Selection Criteria (maximum 2 pages), a detailed curriculum vitae (maximum 4 pages) and the contact details of three professional referees.
Closing date: Monday 9th August, 2021