- Permanent role
- Applications close: Monday 13 February, 2023 at 5:00 pm
Scotch College is one of the leading independent day and boarding schools in Australia. Founded in 1851 by James Forbes, who was influenced by the thinkers of the Scottish Enlightenment, Scotch College has been educating boys for longer than any other school in Victoria. It has a rich history, underpinned by timeless Christian values which anchor its educational leadership and strong academic record.
Located in the heart of suburban Melbourne on 27 hectares flanked by the Yarra River, and serving a current enrolment of almost 1,900 boys from the Preparatory year to Year 12, Scotch College provides a home not only for current students (including 160 boarders) and staff, but also for the broader ‘Scotch Family’ of parents and alumni.
As a member of the Executive Team, the Director of ICT is to direct and manage the College’s Information & Communications Technology strategic plans, policies, programs and schedules. At Scotch College this covers learning management systems, business and finance systems, management and community information services and network communications. The Strategic Plan is aligned with the College’s strategic direction and the responsibility of the ICT Governance Committee. The Director of ICT is expected to be the primary developer of IT Strategy, working collaboratively with senior staff, to ensure Scotch College is at the forefront of implementing technology appropriately across the whole school.
The successful candidate will be a highly relational and creative professional, with outstanding technical knowledge and skills, in addition to excellent project management skills. The Director of ICT is an active contributor to the College culture and operations. Reporting to the Bursar and the Principal, they will:
- Lead the development of appropriate strategic plans for the implementation of ICT across the whole school
- Manage the College information technologies, computer systems and network, ensuring complete integrity of data and ethical management of access and confidentiality
- Lead, manage and train the College’s ICT team
- Inform, lead and collaborate around new practice, emerging technologies and future technological directions
- Ensure relevant policies and practices are contemporary, shared with staff, students, parents and the broader Scotch community
- Regularly review and ensure that all IT systems and operations operate with regard to minimum risk
The position of Director of Information and Communications Technologies is offered as a permanent position with an attractive renumeration package.
Scotch College has been accredited as a Safe School by the Australian Childhood Foundation. All applicants are required to provide referee, proof of identity and academic qualifications checks prior to employment.
Hutton Consulting Australia is partnering with Scotch College in the search and selection process for this position. For a confidential discussion regarding the application process and to obtain a candidate information pack, please contact the lead consultant: Mark Sowden, email: email@example.com or mobile 0421 707 996.
Please DO NOT apply without contacting the Consultant for information regarding the application process.
Closing date for applications is Monday 13 February, 2023 at 5pm