- Permanent role
- Applications close: Friday 12 August, 2022 at 5:00pm.
From its humble beginnings in a church hall in 1910, Halifax Street Children’s Centre and Preschool is conveniently located in the south-eastern corner of the city of Adelaide. It is a community based, not for profit, early childhood centre offering high quality childcare and preschool education to children from 6 weeks to school age. The centre promotes strong relationships for children and families living in their local community. Teaching and learning are built on a foundation of care and connectedness and are participatory by nature. At Halifax Street, educators work alongside children and recognise and value the role they play in each other’s learning.
Educators create and nurture authentic relationships to ensure that all children feel safe, secure and loved. They support positive relationships with families to support an authentic partnership approach to the care and education of each child.
With a start date of Term Four 2022, the Director of Halifax Street Children’s Centre and Preschool reports to the Chairperson of the Halifax St Children’s Centre & Preschool Inc Management Committee. This leadership role is responsible for nurturing and supporting a Reggio Emilia inspired learning environment where all educators can thrive through an emphasis on reflective practice, self-improvement and collaboration and early learners are full of curiosity and creativity.
The preferred candidate will hold appropriate academic qualifications with extensive experience in early years’ leadership and knowledge of current and emerging educational developments in Early Learning.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate:
- A commitment to planning, implementing and evaluating learning using a consistent programming cycle suitable to the individual needs and interests of children, guided by the Reggio Emilia approach
- An ability to provide leadership in the monitoring and evaluation of programs against curriculum and other specified outcomes and targets and the presentation of appropriate reports
- Knowledge of successful strategies for working with disadvantaged and culturally diverse communities
- Effective curriculum leadership in the provision and continuous development of early childhood care and learning strategies implemented through programs to meet the needs of all children and families
- The establishment of effective working relationships with children, parents, staff, interagency groups and the wider community
- Proven experience of compliance with all Federal, State and local regulations and licensing requirements, including the maintenance of all relevant policy and procedure documents
- Effective management of resources in respect of personnel, finances and facilities to achieve defined outcomes and organisational directions.
Halifax Street Children’s Centre and Preschool has engaged Hutton Consulting Australia to assist with the search and selection process for this position. For a confidential discussion regarding the application process and to obtain a candidate information pack please contact Kirsti Hitz-Morton on 0434 914 188 or via email Kirsti.firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please APPLY DIRECTLY to Hutton Consulting Australia. Only suitably qualified applicants will be contacted.
Applications Close Friday, 12 August 2022 at 5pm.