Guildford Grammar School (WA) is seeking an expert leader in student wellbeing, with ability to engage the school in the value of holistic learning.
Since 1896, Guildford Grammar School has provided an outstanding education and helped shape some of Western Australia’s finest leaders. Whilst forever founded in history, values and traditions, the School has evolved over time to equip each new generation with the skills they need to succeed beyond the school gates. Guildford is located on a stunning campus on the banks of the Swan River, and has recently completed the transition to full co-education, including the completion of a new purpose-built, contemporary boarding facility that opened in 2021.
Reportable to the Principal, the Deputy Principal – Wellbeing and Student Experience (K-12) is a key member of the School’s Strategic Leadership Team and is responsible for planning, developing, and implementing programs that nurture the wellbeing, unique gifts, and personal aspirations of our students. The Deputy Principal – Wellbeing and Student Experience (K-12) will in work in partnership with The Deputy Principal – Learning Leadership and Transformation (K-12) and other School leaders to achieve the School’s Purpose and strategic priorities, through the implementation of the new pedagogical matrix for success.
Beginning in 2022, this position is a new role and requires a leader that is creative, empathetic, collaborative and places a high priority on programs that are of true value to students. To support strategic initiatives and build upon current capabilities, the successful candidate will deliver high impact student wellbeing programs and experiential learning opportunities that enhance the holistic experience of students at Guildford Grammar School. The ideal candidate will be driven by a desire to foster a strong connection between individual wellbeing, quality learning and skills for our students’ future.
In summary, the successful candidate will:
- Demonstrate commitment to the Purpose, Values and Anglican ethos of the School.
- Articulate a clear educational vision and demonstrate passion for holistic learning where wellbeing is central, and decisions are made on meeting needs of all students in the most valuable way.
- Have the proven capacity to lead, motivate and inspire teachers to integrate considerations for student wellbeing in bringing the School’s vision to life and encouraging a culture of innovation, professionalism and collaboration.
- Proven track record in leading and driving substantive change as a school leader.
- Have exceptional interpersonal and presentation skills and an open, collegial and consultative style.
- Have exceptional skills in building relationships amongst students, parents and staff.
- Have a comprehensive understanding of ‘Duty of Care’ and place a high value on child wellbeing.
- Be responsible and accountable for continuing compliance with our Child Safe practices and Child Safe Reporting Policy. It is expected that all staff will maintain contemporary knowledge of the policy always. All staff have a responsibility to raise any concerns they have about child protection to the Principal immediately.
Guildford Grammar is committed to child safety. All Guildford members of staff are required to comply with applicable child protection legislation and are responsible for ensuring that the School’s Child Safe policies, procedures and programs are at the forefront of all we do.
Guildford Grammar School has engaged Hutton Consulting Australia to assist with the search and selection process for this position. All candidates will require an application pack from us. DO NOT APPLY DIRECTLY ONLINE. For a confidential discussion regarding the application process and to obtain further details please contact the lead consultant Fiona Hutton 0499 000 973 or email@example.com
Applications close on Thursday 29th July at 5pm.