Located in Newtown, Geelong, Sacred Heart College is a proud, dynamic, high performing school community with strong traditions, rich history and a deep sense of community and welcome. The College’s Catholic identity is best exemplified through a program of excellence that encourages students and staff to pursue the Mercy values of compassion, justice, respect, hospitality, service and courage. The Sacred Heart Way is identified through actions that uphold and advance Catherine McAuley’s vision of the lived Gospel, which is at the heart of the community.
Strategy 2021 and Beyond acknowledges a new, fast moving and disrupted world. It enables the College to continue to embrace a collective inner strength, an unapologetic perseverance, unwavering determination and relentless courage that characterises the Community. The College is looking for a dynamic, driven and innovative leader to join the leadership team as Deputy Principal – Student Engagement, Development and Empowerment. Working closely with an energised and future focused leadership team, the Deputy Principal – Student Engagement, Development and Empowerment will contribute to the enacting and implementation of a vision for a learning faith community. Agile and inclusive in their thinking, this role requires someone who demonstrates a high level of emotional intelligence and the capacity to manage uncertainty and change.
The successful candidate will hold appropriate post graduate qualifications and leadership experience at a similar level. They will be an initiator of projects, able to inspire and motive staff and students to embrace change, and recognise and amplify the strengths and talents of others. Specifically, they will:
- Strategically lead the College’s positive education practices, supporting staff to embed them widely and enhancing their implementation with the College.
- Contribute strategically to the development of the physical and virtual learning environment.
- Build on the College’s Restorative Practices initiatives, promoting a culture of behavioural expectation that is supported throughout the College community.
- Further develop the College’s profile as a Visible WellbeingTM Partner School, guiding the implementation team through the partnership and ensuring benchmarks are met.
- Strategically support the College’s work as a Respectful Relationships Partner School, empowering teams through implementation and ensuring obligations and standards are achieved.
- As Child Safety Officer and Child Safety Implementation Team Lead, continue to ensure the College is at the forefront of best practice in child safety and adheres to prescribed minimum standards.
- Foster strong pastoral connections amongst students through the establishment of Connect Time.
- Demonstrate an understanding of and commitment to the principles of Catholic education.
Sacred Heart College Geelong is committed to child safety. As such, the successful applicant will be expected to satisfy child protection screening and adhere to the College’s Child Safe Policy and Code of Conduct.
Sacred Heart College Geelong has engaged Hutton Consulting Australia to assist with the search and selection process for this position. For a confidential discussion regarding the application process and to obtain the candidate information pack, please contact Fiona Hutton email@example.com or Dr Amanda Samson firstname.lastname@example.org on 0433 356 911.
Please ONLY APPLY directly to Hutton Consulting Australia. Only suitably qualified applicants will be contacted.
Applications close: 5.00pm Monday 4 July 2022