Southern Cross Grammar is a vibrant, F-12 school focused on maximising the learning of every member in the school community. With modern, up-to-date facilities, teaching and learning practices there is the capacity to balance traditional approaches with contemporary ideas supported by latest research. Students enjoy a liberal curriculum and a variety of opportunities.
The facilities, support the focus on the care and knowledge of each individual with a commitment to providing personalised learning experiences and a focus on student voice and agency. Students, parents and staff enjoy a deep sense of belonging as part of a strong community. The high level of care and inclusion forms an integral part of students’ high performance in their studies. Families are very supportive and are valued as key partners in supporting students’ success.
Part of the executive team and reporting to the Principal, this role contributes strategically and operationally to the leadership of the whole School. As an active and visible leader, with strong and productive relationships with the whole school community, the Deputy Principal works collaboratively to develop and maintain a whole school approach to student learning and wellbeing. They will also be responsible for the leadership of excellent teaching and learning practices aligned across the Primary and Secondary schools.
The successful candidate will hold appropriate post graduate qualifications and leadership experience. They will be an initiator of projects, able to inspire and motivate staff and students to embrace change, and recognise and amplify the strengths and talents of others. Specifically, they will:
- Hold sound knowledge of emerging trends in educational theory, learning theory, curriculum design, learning technologies, assessment and methodologies underpinning all learning and teaching programs
- Confidently lead a culture of professional learning, enhancing the capacity of teaching staff to apply whole school initiatives and agreed practice, and support teachers in their individual professional learning needs
- Lead, oversee and motivate teaching staff through constructive monitoring of professional growth, capability development and mentoring
- Initiate and develop programs and projects to facilitate current best practice in teaching effectiveness
- Lead staff discussions and practice about effective teaching, student learning, assessment, student progress, analysis and reporting
- Build networks, internal and external, to facilitate research and opportunities for all stakeholders
Southern Cross Grammar is committed to child safety. As such, the successful applicant will be expected to satisfy child protection screening and adhere to the School’s Child Safe Policy and Code of Conduct.
Southern Cross Grammar has engaged Hutton Consulting Australia to assist with the search and selection process for this position. For a confidential discussion regarding the application process and to obtain the candidate information pack, please contact Dr Amanda Samson email@example.com on 0433 356 911 or Dr Tim Hawkes firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please ONLY APPLY directly to Hutton Consulting Australia. Only suitably qualified applicants will be contacted.
Applications close: 5.00pm Monday 22 August 2022.