Founded in 1977 in Barden Ridge 25kms southwest of Sydney CBD in the Sutherland Shire, Shire Christian School is located in an idyllic bush setting with a growing enrolment of over 930 students from Prep to Year 12. Shire Christian School was founded by Christian parents to meet their responsibility to raise their children in the Christian faith, where school would be an extension of home reinforcing Christian teaching. Shire Christian School has a strong culture of care where students, teachers and parents work together within a close-knit community. Christian families make up the majority of the enrolments, but the School is inclusive of those seeking to educate their children within a caring Christian community.
The Deputy Principal P-12 plays a vital role in leading and delivering initiatives aligned with achieving the School’s strategic vision. The successful candidate will have oversight of the operational, academic and pastoral areas across the entire School. The Deputy Principal P-12 will be a relational and approachable leader, who will assist the Principal in the operational and strategic leadership of the School, and constantly challenge and refine current practices to ensure continuous improvement. Being an excellent role model the Deputy Principal, will inspire, guide and support staff to reach the strategic goals of the School.
With a negotiable start date in 2022, the Deputy Principal P-12 reports directly to the Principal. This position is offered as a five-year executive contract. Exposure to school governance will also enable the selected candidate to develop their expertise and understand the complexity of school leadership at this level.
The successful candidate will be:
- A committed Christian in the reformed evangelical tradition
- An outstanding teacher and leader able to inspire students, teachers and parents
- Able to lead and manage the daily operational aspects of the School with attention to risk and compliance
- Actively contributing to the development of authentic Christina education within the school
- Committed to working collaboratively with the Executive team to facilitate and foster a positive learning climate for staff and students across the School
- Able to demonstrate contemporary knowledge of curriculum, educational trends, schooling practices, wellbeing, and pedagogy relevant to student and staff learning outcomes.
- Working to actively listen and respond to the community, understanding the core values and ensuring that the School works in partnership with parents and carers.
Shire Christian School has zero tolerance for child abuse and is committed to providing a child safe environment where children and young people are safe and feel safe, as outlined in the Child Protection Policy.
Shire Christian School has engaged Hutton Consulting Australia to assist with the search and selection process for this position. For a confidential discussion regarding the application process and to access the candidate information, please contact Kirsti Hitz-Morton on 0434 914188 or email Kirsti.Hitz-Morton@hutton.education or Jann Robinson at email@example.com.
Please ONLY APPLY directly to Hutton Consulting Australia. Only suitably qualified applicants will be contacted.
Applications close on Monday 8 August at 5pm.