St Columba College seeks to employ a strategic and dynamic Deputy Principal (R-12) to commence in Term 1, 2021.
St Columba College is an R-12 co-educational College established as a joint initiative of the Anglican and Catholic churches of the Adelaide Dioceses. Established in 1997 and located at Andrews Farm in the northern suburbs of Adelaide, the College is open to families who are seeking a Christian education founded by the beliefs, values and practices of both traditions of its unique ecumenical partnership. The College consists of three schools located on three sites within walking distance of each other; Junior School for students from Reception to Year 5, a Middle School for students in Years 6 to 9 and a Senior School for students in Years 10 to 12.
The College takes pride in its students’ achievements in academic programs and vocational education and training. With a commitment to working in partnership with parents to help students be successful, St Columba places student wellbeing as a high priority. The College delivers an engaging, academically challenging, and socially relevant framework that equips its students for life after school. The College is equipped with state-of-the-art facilities, excellent staff and modern resources.
The Deputy Principal (R-12) has a key responsibility in promoting a culture of innovation and continuous improvement to deliver high quality teaching and achieve successful outcomes for students. The successful candidate will work closely with teams across all three campuses, ensuring a whole of school approach to learning, teaching and wellbeing.
Key aspects of the role will be
- working with the Assistant Principal – Learning and Teaching R-12 to ensure a whole school approach to curriculum development, pedagogy and assessment
- Working with the Assistant Principal – Wellbeing R-12 to ensure College policy, learning programs, and procedures support student wellbeing and positive behaviour
- leading the professional growth and review of staff.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate:
- a commitment to the Anglican and Catholic ethos of the College and articulate his or her faith in a contemporary and accessible way
- the capacity to lead a shared understanding and implementation of the College’s vision for learning (School Wide Pedagogical Framework) and wellbeing (Positive Education Framework)
- the ability to lead and build a strong, positive, and trusting learning culture across R-12
- a track record of educational leadership to manage change successfully and deliver continuous school improvement.
- a track record of building and mentoring highly effective teams that promote staff relationships based on mutual trust and respect.
St Columba College is a child safe institution. All appointments are subject to child protection legislation and employment screening.
St Columba College has engaged Hutton Consulting Australia to assist with the search and selection process for this position. Do Not Apply Directly Online. For a confidential discussion regarding the application process and to obtain a candidate information pack, please contact Rob Sieben on 0408 083 083 or email firstname.lastname@example.org .
Applications close Friday 16th October, 2020 at 5:00 pm