Loreto College, (Adelaide) seeks a dynamic, relational leader to join the Executive team in leading the strategic mission and vision of the School.
Located in an inner eastern suburb of Adelaide, Loreto College, Marryatville is a leading independent early learning to Year 12 boarding school for girls, situated 4 kms from the City Centre. Being at the forefront of values-based education, Loreto schools encapsulate the beliefs and spirit of Mary Ward in delivering an education which inspires strong, passionate and confident girls and young women. All Loreto schools in Australia share the same set of values: freedom, justice, sincerity, verity and felicity. These values are at the heart of our educational philosophy and shape our identity as a school.
Loreto College is seeking a Deputy Principal to join the College Leadership Team which consists of Principal, Deputy Principal, Business Manager and Director of Staff. The Deputy Principal’s primary responsibility is to work with and support the Executive Team to ensure that Loreto is a dynamic learning community in the Mary Ward tradition. In meeting this responsibility, the Deputy Principal works with and leads the Leaders of Student Wellbeing and Academic Care. Administratively, the Deputy Principal will work in close liaison with the Head of Junior School and ELC, the Assistant Principal Learning and Innovation and the Head of Student Enrichment and Engagement to coordinate the day to day running of both campuses. The Deputy Principal deputises in the absence of the Principal.
Commencing in Term 1, 2022 this role has a negotiable teaching load and is directly reportable to the Principal.
To be successful you will bring:
- Demonstrated understanding of, interest in and commitment to the Catholic philosophy and ethos of the College and the Loreto Mission
- Demonstrated leadership experience in leading student wellbeing programs, practices and initiatives for students and staff
- Strategic leadership experience in working with College leaders in developing a whole school approach to curriculum development, pedagogy, policy and assessment, with a focus on innovation
- An operational skillset that enables you to oversee Staffing, College calendars, key events and the construction of the College timetable with an interest in exploring contemporary timetable solutions
- A passion for leading and developing high performing teams, with a focus on the growth of individual staff members
- Demonstrated interest in the promotion of the education of girls, in designing programs and activities that are in line with current research and practice in girls’ education
The successful candidate will:
- hold relevant tertiary and post graduate qualifications and/or experience related to the leadership responsibility required by the position
- be eligible to be registered to teach in South Australia and hold a current South Australian Teacher’s Registration Board Certificate or State based teacher registration
Loreto College is committed to child safety. As such, the successful applicant will be expected to satisfy child protection screening and adhere to the College’s Child Safe Policy and Code of Conduct.
To Enquire and Apply:
Loreto College has engaged Hutton Consulting Australia to assist with the search and selection process for this position. For a Candidate Information Pack, a confidential discussion or enquiries regarding the application process, please contact Fiona Hutton 0499 000 973 or email@example.com or Rob Sieben 0408 083 083 or firstname.lastname@example.org
PLEASE DO NOT APPLY DIRECTLY ON-LINE
Applications must include a full cover letter addressing the Key Selection Criteria (maximum 2 pages), a detailed curriculum vitae (maximum 4 pages) and the contact details of three professional referees.
Closing date: Friday 21st May, 5:00pm, 2021